Color Touch: does it respond well to colour remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 153638

Reaction score
Hi,
I am interested in trying Color Touch for the first time. I read that it is not only an oxidative dye, but also has a direct dye component. Before I go ahead and try CT, I have been searching online to find out if it behaves like a direct dye when you go to remove it with a colour remover.
The color removers I use are the traditional kind that work on oxidative dyes. I was wondering if I can expect to encounter similar difficulty with removing color touch as I would with a direct dye?
Thank you

Hi,
I am interested in trying Color Touch for the first time. I read that it is not only an oxidative dye, but also has a direct dye component. Before I go ahead and try CT, I have been searching online to find out if it behaves like a direct dye when you go to remove it with a colour remover.
The color removers I use are the traditional kind that work on oxidative dyes. I was wondering if I can expect to encounter similar difficulty with removing color touch as I would with a direct dye?
Thank you
Hi, although there is a small amount of direct dyes, I would be confident that it will remove colour touch.
I would imagine it's mainly the more vibrant shades that contain the higher % of surface colourants.
Do you know what shade you're removing?

Hi, although there is a small amount of direct dyes, I would be confident that it will remove colour touch.
I would imagine it's mainly the more vibrant shades that contain the higher % of surface colourants.
Do you know what shade you're removing?
That is interesting, thank you.
4/ and 8/81+9/16. (Two different clients.)

That is interesting, thank you.
4/ and 8/81+9/16. (Two different clients.)
I can't see any issue with that. If the 4 has been put on a prelightened base it'll obviously reveal a lighter shade. If it's been applied on to a darker base then obviously it won't lift any lighter than the original base colour.

That sounds great. Thank you. I very much admire your expertise and generosity with your knowledge.

Latest posts

Back