Color with no developer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin DeBrum

Reaction score
I'll start with I work in a salon. I have been a stylist for 3+ years. I was white blonde for months and months and it was time to do my roots, so we did the usual.. Light master w/ 40 and olaplex on my roots and then tone with spv in ColorSync. The whole hairline and crown of my head broke off after the regrowth. I'm not sure what happened, we did the usual. I've never seen that happen on anyone. But that's besides the point I now have an ombre as we just darkened my roots and ombred it out. I hate it. I need change. Is there a color line that uses little to no peroxide? Help!!

What made you choose 40 vol?

Olaplex bumps the developer down a notch. So for a 30 vol lift I used 40.

I'm not surprised it broke off. I'm more surprised it hasn't broken off previously, to be honest.

I would never go above 20vol when doing roots even if the starting point was a level 3. It's far too harsh.

Goal was is level 11 no brass. But anyways I'm not concerned with my breakage now, it's grown back enough. Just looking for a gentle color line at this point.

What level are you naturally?

Goal was is level 11 no brass. But anyways I'm not concerned with my breakage now, it's grown back enough. Just looking for a gentle color line at this point.

No such level as 11.

20vol as a limit on scalp, manufacturers don't recommend using any higher than 20vol on scalp.

As AcidPerm said, not surprised its snapped.

Ag
No such level as 11.

20vol as a limit on scalp, manufacturers don't recommend using any higher than 20vol on scalp.

Again, not the point of this thread :)

Ag

Again, not the point of this thread :)

Sorry I didn't read it properly.

So you're wanting to lighten out the ombre, back to scalp bleach?

How long has it been since you last coloured your hair?

No such level as 11.

With lightmaster they do say on the instructions you can use 9% on scalp with it

With lightmaster they do say on the instructions you can use 9% on scalp with it

Thats why you've changed back to wella

[emoji23][emoji23]

You could just not overlap onto old bleach & you won't ever have to worry about breakage, the only way a 5 can get to a clean 10 is with bleach, all colour lines have chemicals in them, the semis usually being kinder to the hair due to the low levels of peroxide used with them, there's not really a gentler colour line

I'm sorry, your post makes no sense!

A colour with no developer is just a basic semi. It won't lift the hair.

Sounds like you'd benefit from a colour refresher course, to be honest.

Get yourself on essential colouring with wella fab!

As a side note (to OP asking about no-peroxide colours) there are some dyes that can just use the oxygen in the atmosphere to develop rather than peroxide. But I don't think they have found a practical use in modern colouring products... but yeah! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back