Colored Gel Fill tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Silvestro

Reaction score
I just finished a quick tutorial demonstrating a fill/rebalance with Akzentz Options colored gel. This particular client is a "picker". She always nibbles on her nails and usually has at least one or two repairs. This fill she had 3 nails that ended up needing a new tip, and they are the ones I focused on in the video. The whole fill only took me 45 minutes start to finish.

The color looks almost black, but in person its a deep burgundy, similar to "Vamp". It is a custom blend using Options Mulberry, Options Gel Art Black and Options Gel Art Purple.

Color Gel Fill tutorial

I love your tutorial on the mylar nails, did have some problem with the video stopping all the time. I am starting on Brisa course next weekend, so i found your site very inspiring, please make some more :Grope:

They looked quite special, very nice.

Just wondered - if you dont just smooth down the regrowth area, then re-apply the colour. On the vid - you take away all of the colour then re-apply (is this because of the repairs or is that how you would always do a colour fill?)

Just curious because I dont do options colours (couldnt get them to work for me ) but just use bio.

Also the colour you use had lovely deep coverage - I didnt get that with a first coat of options colour.

They looked quite special, very nice.

Just wondered - if you dont just smooth down the regrowth area, then re-apply the colour. On the vid - you take away all of the colour then re-apply (is this because of the repairs or is that how you would always do a colour fill?)

Some clients go from color to french, etc... if I leave color and then fill over it with clear or pink and then 2 fills down the line they decide they want a french, all that color will be inbedded in the overlay. Also, I always remove all color to check for cracks, separation ect... It really doesn't take long at all to remove the gel if you use an efile, check my timing on the video, it takes approximately 45 seconds per nail. If they want a touch up, I roughen up the color, touch up the cuticle and reapply top gloss. This is half the price and half the time. Most people need a rebalance though, so usually just re-apply.

Just curious because I dont do options colours (couldnt get them to work for me ) but just use bio.

Also the colour you use had lovely deep coverage - I didnt get that with a first coat of options colour.

All Options colors are different, some have more coverage than others. I custom blend many colors, and I also layer colors. One of my new favorites is one coat of Paprika(good coverage) with one coat of the new Tuscan Sunset(less coverage) it makes a striking color!

What a gorgeous colour. Great tutorial thank you for sharing. I have a number of the options colours. Hadnt thought of custom blending them. xxx

So next time a video with 2-3 diffrent glitter colors Gina, that would be great :)

Gina you just made that look so simple, I loved it!
And that color, very yummy.

I watched all your tutorials and they are fabulous !!!

Thanks for the time you take to make them and to share them with us !!

I am looking forward to the new ones!! :lol:

thank you for sharing

great video and that colour is yummy

i intend to invest in some akzentz options gels real soon

Youre videos are great - I have spent hours watching them! Thanks x x x

Thankyou for your reply. Makes sense now.

And i love your tutorials they have helped me loads with akzentz file off gel.

So thankyou for sharing.

x

Thank you for sharing :hug:

Fantastic videos - enjoyed watching them all :green:

I too love watching your videos.
I didn't get any sound on this one, but maybe there wasn't any?

No, the last two tutorials didn't have sound, I put the directions right in the clips. Its so much easier and faster that way, plus people won't make fun of my RI accent :)

Thanks everybody, glad you liked them!

Thank you so much for the video. Just one question what is the white "thing" attached to your efile :?:

Thank you so much for the video. Just one question what is the white "thing" attached to your efile :?:

It's a vacuum attachment that I sell in my online store www.gelessentialz.com. It hooks up to just about any vacuum, but I have a central vac system in my salon with hookups at all 6 stations and also the pedi area. It is wonderful! Almost NO dust!!

Glad you liked the tutorial :)

Latest posts

Back