Colorissimo HLR advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emsiekerr

Reaction score
Hi all I've not attached a picture of my clients hair as it won't let me for some reason! I've not done her hair before. She has blonde on top and red underneath. Her roots look to be mostly grey amd she says her roots underneath are the same, although I do think they look a little darker. I've looked for a bright red and found the Colorissimo HLR. Can anyone please tell me if using this with a 3% developer will give much vibrancy. I'm kind of reluctant to use a high level peroxide on it with her being so grey! Does anyone also know what the grey coverage is like with this colour also? Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the depth & how much percentage of grey she is, how vibrant you want the result and how stubborn the hair is. Not sure about Colorissimo but Goldwell topchic has a different mixing ratio for grey/white coverage that covers great. I would possibly use 3% or 6%. Last resort pre-soften with peroxide to ensure full coverage.

Hi all I've not attached a picture of my clients hair as it won't let me for some reason! I've not done her hair before. She has blonde on top and red underneath. Her roots look to be mostly grey amd she says her roots underneath are the same, although I do think they look a little darker. I've looked for a bright red and found the Colorissimo HLR. Can anyone please tell me if using this with a 3% developer will give much vibrancy. I'm kind of reluctant to use a high level peroxide on it with her being so grey! Does anyone also know what the grey coverage is like with this colour also? Thanks in advance.
I should imagine that itsi not recommended to use high lift for grey coverage. IveI also heard that its more of a bright pink than red.
Have you looked at the 6.66 or even the 7.66 they would still be very bright in grey hair and possibly offer a bbette coverage? With 6%

I should imagine that itsi not recommended to use high lift for grey coverage. IveI also heard that its more of a bright pink than red.
Have you looked at the 6.66 or even the 7.66 they would still be very bright in grey hair and possibly offer a bbette coverage? With 6%
This is what I was thinking! I've heard it comes out quite bright with 12% on dark hair so thought I can't be doing that on grey hair. I will have a look at those thank you! I had a quick look on salon direct etc and in the description says 100% coverage but you never know!

It really depends on the depth & how much percentage of grey she is, how vibrant you want the result and how stubborn the hair is. Not sure about Colorissimo but Goldwell topchic has a different mixing ratio for grey/white coverage that covers great. I would possibly use 3% or 6%. Last resort pre-soften with peroxide to ensure full coverage.
I would say she's 80% atleast. I can't attach the picture she sent as it says it's too large to upload. The red looks like Rihanna's red when she had it. I had a look on salons direct etc that sell it and the description says 100% grey coverage but I would say that's with a 3 or 6% surely!

I would say she's 80% atleast. I can't attach the picture she sent as it says it's too large to upload. The red looks like Rihanna's red when she had it. I had a look on salons direct etc that sell it and the description says 100% grey coverage but I would say that's with a 3 or 6% surely!
I mainly work with wella, so not sure, but usually high lift tint doesn't give grey coverage. But as I said I'm just going off wellas rules.

I mainly work with wella, so not sure, but usually high lift tint doesn't give grey coverage. But as I said I'm just going off wellas rules.
Yes I mainly work with igora royal and high lift doesn't cover the grey. I've looked at the 6.66 and 7.66 and they look spot on in terms of brightness with it going onto grey

I a
Yes I mainly work with igora royal and high lift doesn't cover the grey. I've looked at the 6.66 and 7.66 and they look spot on in terms of brightness with it going onto grey
I used the 6. 66 on my mother a few months back just to try it out and to be fair it really is quite intense and has very high shine. I was impressed by the quality of the colour considering the price.

I a

I used the 6. 66 on my mother a few months back just to try it out and to be fair it really is quite intense and has very high shine. I was impressed by the quality of the colour considering the price.
Did you just do it 1:1 mixing ratio? I've got a 6.66 and a 7.66

Yra
Did you just do it 1:1 mixing ratio? I've got a 6.66 and a 7.66
Yeah 1:1 I used 6% on roots and then 3% on ends because the ends were lighter. It vibrant and even :)

Yra

Yeah 1:1 I used 6% on roots and then 3% on ends because the ends were lighter. It vibrant and even :)
Brill thank you!

Latest posts

Back