Colour advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynz74

Reaction score
Have a client who used box blonde dye months ago, 3 inch regrowth , natural base 7 .. I put through loads bleach highlights up to blonde..( her hair is really long ) . Then 12/1 6%roots and a 0/86 toner - it looked great , but I have to go and re do tomorrow as it’s gone really patchy .... and we need to brighten it up . Suggestions please

KP 10/0 +12% can be used to correct banding. The other option would be use blondor and a low developer. Then use a toner with a base t it, rather than the 0/86 etc... What tone are you aiming for?

Silver blonde ... but , as my new client had used a box colour it’s really frustrating when not being able to end up with an even colour ... she used to have foils and a tint , hence thinking what I used would be ok .. so I’ve done that last week - would you recommend me foiling 10 and 12% through ... then how about 10/86 as a toner ? ...

Silver blonde ... but , as my new client had used a box colour it’s really frustrating when not being able to end up with an even colour ... she used to have foils and a tint , hence thinking what I used would be ok .. so I’ve done that last week - would you recommend me foiling 10 and 12% through ... then how about 10/86 as a toner ? ...
You haven't got a picture have you?
I would just plan to do a full head of highlights. Let's say you have 3 bands of colour in a section. Say its an 8 at the roots, a patch of level 7 and then a 10 on the ends. Then I'd do bleach + pastel on the root area, bleach and 3% /4% on the darker patch and nothing on the lighter ends. Let it all process until you reach a level 10 (ideally). I'd then tone with the 10/86 + pastel/ 1.9%.
Or if you need something with more tone to achieve a real silver look, consider colour touch 10/6 +8/81 with 1.9%

Thanks for feedback .. I will let you know results [emoji4]

Unfortunately my client was no longer able to do today , so booked back in next Monday [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back