Colour advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie.michele

Reaction score
Hello :) I have a client coming in tuesday for a colour correction, at the moment her hair is blue, pink, purple, blonde and her natural roots, which is around a base 6! she wants to go all over colour, close to her natural roots. Can anyone suggest what i should do to get the best even result please! Ive never had to do anything which is quite like this before! Surprisingly her hair is in quite good condition considering the amount of colour she has used! I work with loreal - majirel. Thanks in advance xx

Hi I would do a couple of deep cleansing shampoos, blowdry hair 'till almost dry. Apply a bleach bath. Starting at areas where it needs the most lifting.
Maybe do a protein treatment before your colour application. Which ever desired colour you choose, pick a shade lighter as it will grab due to the porosity.

Agree with last poster. I would try to lift most of those funky colors out so your solid color comes out as evenly as possible. Bleach bath and I would also go a shade lighter to begin with anyway. It's easier to darken a new color than try to lighten it again. And also tell the client it might be a 2 or 3 step process. Even if you plan on filling (with a semi or permanent color 2 shades lighter in the underlying pigment of a 6 or 7 base. Yellow/orange). It still might fade out. Tell her she can come back sooner than usual for a color wash in the same dark color to freshen it up. That's what I'd do any way :)

Thank you :) As it happened she cancelled and has rebooked for a couple of weeks time. will let you know how it goes xx

I had to remove a vibrant purple (directions violet ) the other day her hair was prelightened , it was a lovely ash blonde before we put the purple on ! I thought I would never get it out but I did manage it by putting a mixture of bleach and warm water on her hair !! Took 4 applications but each time it was getting lighter and lighter it went from purple to turquoise to bright green to pastel green to blonde !! X

Latest posts

Back