Colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiexo

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong category. Please direct me to the right place :)
Ok, so I have made a massive boo boo!
I am a level 2 qualified hairdresser. And this is actually a question about my own Barnet.
Ok so after spending years constantly abusing my hair, I decided to finally cut it all off, go blonde and grow it lovely and long.
So until yesterday I was three quarries of the way there! My hair was in perfect condition. But my usual hairdresser has been fully booked for the last 6 weeks so my partner suggested I give his friend a call.
I had been quite blonde for the summer and wanted to go darker so I asked her to put a 7.3 and another dark blonde through and a few highlights. So one bleach to two dark.. Well the girl only had the 7.3 and bleach. She has used 40 vol right the way through my hair. She didnt just do a root retouch for the blonde and has completely ruined my hair.
I am so annoyed!! Not to mention the fact that I have bleeds left right and centre and the 7.3 has only taken from my root to about two inches down the hair so I look like I've got some weird ombré going on with zebra roots.
And as I'm too impatient to sit and let people blow dry my hair I just washed it off, paid her and sent her on her way.
After I had dried it, snapped a load of hair off and had a good inspection and cry I text her saying I'm not very pleased with my hair and told her the problem. In reply she has offered to use a toner and re do the darker colour. To which I politely declined and said I would rather just have my money back.
I'm so annoyed!! I have to go and get my hair cut short again as it is a mess as well as pay out to get the colour sorted.
Is there anyway I can go about getting the money back?

Last edited:
I totally know how you feel, I had this happen to me around 10 years ago! a friend recommended her, and I can't even explain to you how she cut & coloured my hair. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I cried. and cried. in the end the only thing a salon could do was cut all my hair off. my hair was around 2 inches long!!

Sorry to hear she has damaged your hair. It's a horrid feeling. :(

Do you know if she has insurance? does she work in a salon also?

She told me she has insurance. As a hairdresser that offers spray tanning and eyebrow treatments I am shocked at the state of her customer service skills. All I want is my money back so as I can go to my hairdresser and have it sorted out.
But so far I am getting no where. What makes things worse is that she is my partners friend and it's apparently caused friction because I asked for my money back. All I want is my hair done :(

No she doesn't work in a salon anymore, she just does mobile.

You were too impatient, full stop!

If you were just a normal consumer complaining, I'd still tell you that you shouldn't have paid without being 100% happy with the outcome before she left. If she was in your home, you must have seen her mixing the bleach with 40vol. Why didn't you say something at the time?

Personally, I think you should chalk it up to experience and either wait until your own hairdresser has a free slot or ask around for recommendations.

As a hairdresser, I'd never let anyone else do my hair unless I was sure of their skill level by asking lots of questions and then maybe, have them cut my hair first.

You sounding quite specific in what you asked for- did you not discuss it beforehand to make sure she had the right colours?

7.3 in permanent on blonde hair would probably go patchy, did you ask her for brighter pieces too?

When you say you are qualified do you mean you have done a course. Or your are experienced hairdresser?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back