Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I wouldn't do that, I did the same exact thing to my hair and by the second full head of foils I was completely red there's not need to damage your hair with doing full head bleach when you can be gentle and do foils and be patient!
I don't mean to be snarky, but I really don't understand your logic here. Explain to me how a full head of foils is less damaging.

Because your not putting every single strand of hair in the foils just enough to get the red color to start off with and than your second foil you can get some more of the darker pieces lightened and you'll be more red!

That's the process, yes, but only a small percentage of the hair will be left unbleached in the end. Each strand that is bleached will be bleached hair regardless. Also, foils trap heat, accelorating the lightening and increasing damage, unless of course you use 3% developer. Then it would be exactly the same.

Foils wouldn't add enough red. So you may as well use a color remover or a cleanse to bump out the pigment, and then deposit your target color. Foils and Olaplex + a single process afterwards sounds like such the lengthy process to only add a touch of color. May as well make it real!

I don't mean to be snarky, but I really don't understand your logic here. Explain to me how a full head of foils is less damaging.

There is no logic

No need to be snippy everyone I was just saying what I did to my hair and I am a full red head.. I'm aloud to have an opinion.

I'd use a colour remover initially rather than bleach, but most of you regulars guessed I'd say that, didn't you? ;)
is there one you like? I only used one and it did nothing and smelled terrible but I would like to find one that works

I agree with Cams and say that the blondor and pastel should achieve the goal in a relatively safe and fast way. No bleach is going to be "good" for the hair so if its foils, bleach bath, cleansing, whatever... your are going to be compromising some of the integrity. When you consider the underlying pigment at her current color you really don't have to be too scared as you don't need to lift her a lot. From what I can see her ends already look lighter? Thus I would focus your application a touch off the scalp as that will come up quicker and once you see the color starting too lift in the mid shafts I would then apply to the scalp and ends. Book plenty of time, saturate very well and although its messy i would do this at the chair and not the shampoo bowl so you can really get a good look at it and see what going on in the nape etc. Remember its easy to rinse off the ends and mids but once you need to rinse the scalp then everything is coming off.
Two rounds of foils is another valid option and it will get you there but it will likely be a dimensional red that would still be pretty. To me it seems like more labor and you are still going to get the hair lifting in different ways inside the foils.
I want pics when this is done please! :)

No need to be snippy everyone I was just saying what I did to my hair and I am a full red head.. I'm aloud to have an opinion.

Claire, not being snippy. This forum at it's best challenges our assumptions and dearly held beliefs and allows for growth.

Latest posts

Back