Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma72

Reaction score
At the end of my level 2 course.
Friend of the family has asked me to colour her hair.
She has blonde hair, previously used wella KP 9/38
She has roots approx 1.5” about 90%grey.
She wants her roots doing and some foils to add in a different shade of blonde. Says she doesn’t mind if it’s lighter or darker as long as she doesn’t have a “flat colour”
Not something I’ve tackled before so would appreciate your advice.

Before you start, make sure you have done a patch test and you are fully insured and agree a fair price. Family and friends can often be the most difficult and demanding clients and cheeky too, expecting you to work for nothing. Don’t let anyone take advantage of you.

Do the roots first, then consider practising your balayage skills to give some bleach highlights as her hair is presumably very gold. You can always tone them with a cooler darker colour if it looks too light.

Thank you
If I use 9/38 on her roots with 6% that will cover her grey?
I was thinking bleach highlights with 9/0 & 9/01 mixed as a toner
Do you think that would be ok?

Are you just planning on using 9/38? Would you mix anything else in there?

You can do bleach highlights but if you tone with a level 9 and the base is a level 9 you aren’t really going to see any difference. I would do bleach highlights but on that sort of level you probably wouldn’t need to tone

That’s fab. Was just worried in case I ended up a bit yellow. Trainee panic
If you think it would be better to add something into the 9/38 I’m more than happy to take on any advice. It’s all very much still a learning curve for me
Thank you for your assistance

That’s fab. Was just worried in case I ended up a bit yellow. Trainee panic
If you think it would be better to add something into the 9/38 I’m more than happy to take on any advice. It’s all very much still a learning curve for me
Thank you for your assistance

Where you taught to mix your colours for covering white hair?

Latest posts

Back