Quantcast

Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lynz74

Reaction score
Hi , I have a new client who has booked in for roots in a few weeks ( about inch regrowth ) .. she naturally has a lot of red that throws out in her hair, although now she’s 50%grey - base of a 7 ? . She always has a tint and a toner - I’m thinking 10/8 and 9% , then 0/86 toner ? ... although will 9% irritate scalp -?although I don’t think 6% would lift enough...

Attachments

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I’m confused.
Are you applying a toner on top of tint?
Wouldn’t it be easier to bleach with 6% and then tone?

Lynz74

Reaction score
That’s what I would have done, but she says she’s always had a tint and a toner .. I did attach a picture of the colour ...

Lynz74

Reaction score
That’s what I would have done, but she says she’s always had a tint and a toner .. I did attach a picture of the colour ...
... If I did bleach and 6% - what do you reckon for 0/86 toner ?

Lynz74

Reaction score
I’m actually thinking 9/1 and 6%, I’m thinking 10/8 won’t be fantastic coverage on the white 👍

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
You haven’t said what colour house you’re using?
For instance, 9/1 is a grey ash in Wella and only subdues but doesn't neutralise anything and 9/1 is a green ash in Schwarzkopf.

If you’re using Wella then maybe consider 9/16 or 9/60 in Illumina, depending on what outcome you’re looking to achieve?

Lynz74

Reaction score
Xp100 .. she says she definitely had a tint on it previously ( unfortunately as it was another salon she can’t get the colour info ) . We just want to match up to What she has on midlenghs and ends . Her hair throws out a lot of red , hense thinking 9/1

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m not familiar with Xp100 so I can’t recommend what to choose to tone with. :(

I live in Ireland where I have a lot of clients with natural red in their hair to varying degrees. In my experience when a client wants ashy tones in their hair, if she’s naturally a strawberry blonde, then I recommend you to be cautious when using ash tones, as it can make their skin look a bit grey and ill looking. :oops:
They need a bit of warmth in their hair colour.

Lynz74

Reaction score
Looking at the attached picture I put at the beginning of my thread , I think I will go wella 9/16 .. always a bit apprehensive matching up colours, love doing a new look , but trying to get what she’s had previously I do appreciate some second opinions 😁..

Lynz74

Reaction score
My new client is also Irish ☘

vividamnesia

Reaction score
The pic looks to be about a lv.9G/9.3......Always remember when coloring on white hair you need to replace the missing N/.0 pigment with its R+Y+B base balanced make up with your target color when formulating. I would recommend a 1:1 of lv.9.0/9N to lv.9G/9.3 to 20vol developer for finer hair, 25vol(1:1 20vol+30vol=25vol) if not using lo heat processing or average-coarser hair/stubborn white! To much ash will wash her out ......you will find the N/0 series of color to have just enough natural balanced ash base to control not neutralize all the warm red-orangy underlying pigment resulting in a gold/yellow warmth not a strawberry/orange gold outcome

Latest posts