Colour Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi guys

I need your help.

I need some advice on changing my colour if I can.
My hair is highlighted a brassy blonde, i have natural dark brown hair and my current hairdresser uses foils on most of my hair and leaves some dark underneath i have asked my hairdresser if she would highlight the whole lot but she advised me that would get bad regrowth, i am a bit disappointed but my question is ; Is there anyway of achieving a white blonde look.
When my h/dresser highlighted my hair last time it looked very patchy.

Although she does a great cut ...... not looking at changing my style though.

Also if i decided to go the other way and go back to dark with blonde choppy bits would this also be possible too or would my highlighted hair muck that up too.

I just want to try something different as my husband says when i go to the hairdresser it looks like i havent had anything done :eek:
and that i should have different colours but is the different colour thing still in fashion.... lost touch a bit.

Thanks so much:hug:

Juliexx

i,m buzzeled, what does she mean by bad regrowth? If she already puts foild on your hair, then why couldn't she do a full tint? I would personally go to another salon and ask their opinion. See if you have good big salons in the area and ask for stylist to have a chat with you. It is very hard to say without actually seeing your hair and the condition of your hair. Let us know what happenes.

i,m buzzeled, what does she mean by bad regrowth?
What she means is she would get a definite grow out. It would show up alot more

but my question is ; Is there anyway of achieving a white blonde look.
When my h/dresser highlighted my hair last time it looked very patchy.

Also if i decided to go the other way and go back to dark with blonde choppy bits would this also be possible too or would my highlighted hair muck that up too.

Any thing is possible if your hairstylist has the imagination for it and your hair is in good condition.

Yes it is possible to get a white blonde.
Yes you can go back to being darker with blonde chunks,
but it depends on the hairstylists experience in doing so.
It is a very technical procedure to go back to dark with blonde and get it even looking.

Personally from what you have said, it doesn't sound like your stylist wants to put too much effort into achieving a different look for you.
You might want to look around for another one.

Thanks for your advice all :hug:
I think you are right she doesnt want to experiment with hair, im going to pop into another salon and get their advice before i make my mind up, thanks jd you answered all my questions to a tee.

Juliex

What she means is she would get a definite grow out. It would show up alot more

Any thing is possible if your hairstylist has the imagination for it and your hair is in good condition.

Yes it is possible to get a white blonde.
Yes you can go back to being darker with blonde chunks,
but it depends on the hairstylists experience in doing so.
It is a very technical procedure to go back to dark with blonde and get it even looking.

Personally from what you have said, it doesn't sound like your stylist wants to put too much effort into achieving a different look for you.
You might want to look around for another one.

Hey JD do you fancy coming over to the UK to do my hair, or I can always come to you..... ;)

Juliex

Jules if you can afford to have the re-growth done more often then going lighter shouldn't be a problem :) I have very dark hair and have been white blonde in the past xxxx

Jules if you can afford to have the re-growth done more often then going lighter shouldn't be a problem :) I have very dark hair and have been white blonde in the past xxxx

Mmm thought so Lell, my hairdresser is trying to put me off for sure, im off to finda new one......... Thanks Lell xxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Hey JD do you fancy coming over to the UK to do my hair, or I can always come to you..... ;)

Juliex

Come on over..I will give you a little tour of the great northwest, show you our style of entertainment and do your hair too!!:hug: I love new challenges

Do you want some of my greys Jules? Are they white enough for you?

Come on over..I will give you a little tour of the great northwest, show you our style of entertainment and do your hair too!!:hug: I love new challenges

Would love it !!!!! one day..... and im definately a challange lol xxx

Do you want some of my greys Jules? Are they white enough for you?

Lmao gem you may need them one day i just couldnt lol :lol: xx

Lmao gem you may need them one day i just couldnt lol :lol: xx

Oh mate there are plenty to share. I will stick some in the post for you. lol x

Oh mate there are plenty to share. I will stick some in the post for you. lol x

Lol for goodness sake gem dont use sellotape they will be too short lolxx

Latest posts

Back