Colour Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Parr

Reaction score
Hi,

In the past I have been getting my hair dyed blonde in places using foils. My natural colour is a dark strawberry blonde.

On my recent visit to the salon we decided to dye my full head blonde and my hair has turned a slight strawberry blonde colour rather than the 'natural' blonde I have had in the past.

Now I don't know anything about how the colouring works but just want to ask a couple of questions about it.

Has it turned strawberry blonde as some of my hair had never been dyed before as I used to have foils and this time with having the full head done it has dyed hair which had been untouched by any dye in the past?

Will the hair become blonde in the future by having it dyed again? Does the hair need a few applications until it turns blonde rather than the strawberry blonde it is now?

Thanks

u are spot on, the slashes or parts that u already had blonde had already had a few goings over with bleach yes?? next time u have ur whole head done the overall colour will be more like the colour u see here. that ok 4u? xx

when u had ur hair coloured all over was it with a blonde tint or bleach?

if its a tint then the blonde can pick up the red in your hair and turn it like a golden/redy blonde rather than a blonde blonde

tint doesnt lift tint so if u wanted your hair to be lighter all over and avoid the strawberry blonde colour coming through i would ask for bleach highlights if the condition of ur hair permits it with maybe a base 9 colour blonde with no gold tones in it as anything red/gold tones added will pick up the natural red in your hair ,

or if ur in doubt ask your hairdresser to do a few colour tests on some strands of your hair to see how the colour will come out in future

u are spot on, the slashes or parts that u already had blonde had already had a few goings over with bleach yes?? next time u have ur whole head done the overall colour will be more like the colour u see here. that ok 4u? xx
Yes I have had my hair coloured in places for the pass two years but this was the first time we did the whole head.

Do you know how many applications it would take until it's fully blonde?

natsel said:
when u had ur hair coloured all over was it with a blonde tint or bleach?

if its a tint then the blonde can pick up the red in your hair and turn it like a golden/redy blonde rather than a blonde blonde

tint doesnt lift tint so if u wanted your hair to be lighter all over and avoid the strawberry blonde colour coming through i would ask for bleach highlights if the condition of ur hair permits it with maybe a base 9 colour blonde with no gold tones in it as anything red/gold tones added will pick up the natural red in your hair ,

or if ur in doubt ask your hairdresser to do a few colour tests on some strands of your hair to see how the colour will come out in future

It was bleached. I'm hoping to aim for a natural blonde rather than the light strawberry blonde I have now.

Latest posts

Back