Colour and cut video what do you think ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
i thought it was pretty good :green:

It's great that they are putting videos up for us stylists/trainees to learn something new but personally I didn't like the cut lol x

very good commentry, but i think that there was quite alot of root glow that they must have fixed , or maybe the slices blended it through - isit a video for hairdressers or clients though?

i have seen this video before. and i think they should have left some darker, natural hair through the blonde. to clean the blonde up. also there wouldnt have been such a root regrowth problem. the graduation could have been explaind more.

I thought the explanations for what they were doing was really clear although I did like the colour and thought the haircut could have had a bit more structures ahape to it, sometimes I reckon all the fancy cutting techniques arnt always the best ( or needed !) and I dont fancy her regrowth either !

i thought that was a bit of a flimsy attempt to be honest, when he said recreate a style u wud have thought it wud have looked similar, the colour was totally different to the photograph that was shown at the start, and the cut look alot more basic compared to the intricate one that VB was photographed with. . . and leaving a blob of natural colour at the back? ick a bit crappy if you ask me. .
as for trying to use that video as an educational tool, you cant copy a cut u have never learned in 5 minutes, especially when their was a colour thrown in for good measure. . .
oh my i sound quite the bitch today dont i hah x

SCOTTY YOU ARE A LEGEND!!
i was looking forward to it actually as i am always intreged at how other sylists finish off the pob!! as some don't tend to chip in!!!!!! madness i know!
but was quite disapointed at that vid:rolleyes:
hopefully all the non-hairdressers that have seen it will NOT try and copy :lol:x

OOOOPPPPS I meant to day I didn't like the colour not that I did like the colour !!! and I agree chipping and slicing into a pob is necessary but I think the actual shape of that pop wasn't good and that is just basic hairdressing !:smack:

Last edited:
nah not a legend, jus say it as i see lol. . i didnt get the point of his great long speel bout the disconnection when the finished result looked far from disconnected. . . it looked slightly grduated from the ear forward. . . onyhoo. . . nice video to show a client i guess but not really up to much for pro;s. . lol x

Hi, I wanted it to more look like Victorias too,
and I agree with everything thats been said ,
think it would have looked better a lot shorter at the back and nape but so that it pushed forwards a lot more towards the front giving that longish swishy dissconnected sexy fringe look
it didnt look very disconnected either , I wasnt too sure about the colour as my PC doesnt show colour very well but thought the roots looked a bit glowy too ...it never blew me away either ,
I did like the commentry though :) x I would still like to see a really well performed funky pob video cut though ,

I wonder if the model liked it lol, if I was being totally honest I didnt like the colour it was quite golden and if you compared it with the orignal picture its not quite the same lol . The model had lovely colour hair to begin with and her eyebrows were really dark so it was quite a contrast with her new colour and it didnt look like poshs pob at the end .

but then again im no beverly cobella :lol: and if posh spice walked into my salon and asked me to do her hair she would probably end up looking like norman bates id be so nervous:green:

Latest posts

Back