Quantcast

Colour/balayage advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
I done a new client Friday she had build up of dark brown on mid length n ends! So I used blondor + 12% on sections, left for 1hour but didn't lift to blonde it was orangey/red popped toner of 10 but still orangey! Do I bleach again to lift more or add light ash brown ? Please

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
If she had colour build up, you really should think 'colour remover' as your first thought, not bleach and 12%.
I'm also wondering why you thought to put a level 10 toner on it?

What condition is it in and what level do you think it's lifted to now?

What do you think is a realistic level to aim for given its current condition?

As we can't see the hair, it's very difficult to diagnose exact solutions without further info. :)

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
If she had colour build up, you really should think 'colour remover' as your first thought, not bleach and 12%.
I'm also wondering why you thought to put a level 10 toner on it?

What condition is it in and what level do you think it's lifted to now?

What do you think is a realistic level to aim for given its current condition?

As we can't see the hair, it's very difficult to diagnose exact solutions without further info. :)
image.jpg As you can see it's in an ok condition I have advised she use conditioning treatments and I'm seeing her in a few days!
I know she would be happy to have caramel tones but am worried about the orange coming through?

Sugarplumfaery

Reaction score
Hello. Firstly you're not going to tone with a level 10 on a level 7. The tone will be too weak. Some of her hair still looks a 6. Might be the light? I would definitely bleach again but not with 12%. I would lift again if you feel her hair is ok. Have you got Olaplex?

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
Hello. Firstly you're not going to tone with a level 10 on a level 7. The tone will be too weak. Some of her hair still looks a 6. Might be the light? I would definitely bleach again but not with 12%. I would lift again if you feel her hair is ok. Have you got Olaplex?
Some is still a 6 as I only done pieces for a balayage look, no oleyplex I'm afraid!

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score

Latest posts