Colour brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie.d

Reaction score
What colour brands would people recommend using for someone like me who is newly Qualified?

Have you completed a colour correction course yet?
I recommend sticking with the one you trained with until you’re much more experienced as each colour line has its own nuances.

Have you completed a colour correction course yet?
I recommend sticking with the one you trained with until you’re much more experienced as each colour line has its own nuances.

I trained with matrix.
I have forgotten the way to use it.
So I found out that rusk is very similar and the shop that I went to recomended me using that instead

I trained with matrix.
I have forgotten the way to use it.
So I found out that rusk is very similar and the shop that I went to recomended me using that instead

Wholesalers are great at selling you stuff.
They’re particularly good at shifting old stock and recommending new product lines but they’re primarily sales people rather than experienced colourists so don’t automatically assume their advice is spot on. I overheard one lady telling a newly qualified hairdresser that adding peroxide to a direct dye (crazy colour) will make it into a permanent colour. :rolleyes:o_O

If you can’t remember your basic colour training then prioritise a refresher colour course. Most of the bigger wholesale branches will run colour courses and they’re not usually very expensive.

Wholesalers are great at selling you stuff.
They’re particularly good at shifting old stock and recommending new product lines but they’re primarily sales people rather than experienced colourists so don’t automatically assume their advice is spot on. I overheard one lady telling a newly qualified hairdresser that adding peroxide to a direct dye (crazy colour) will make it into a permanent colour. :rolleyes:o_O

If you can’t remember your basic colour training then prioritise a refresher colour course. Most of the bigger wholesale branches will run colour courses and they’re not usually very expensive.

Thank you very much I'm looking into doing a colour refresh course.
The people that are at the wholesalers where I got rusk from said that they are trained hairdressers themselves

Latest posts

Back