colour brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
hi guys :)

in my salon i use igora colours sometimes a few different kolston colours we use indola high lift blondes and goldwell bleach, and goldwell semi permanents , ive been qualified since passing my level 3 in 2005 but i was lucky enough that once i passed my level 2 i started having clients of my own i love the igora colours and i pretty much know them off by heart (i hope :lol:) but i was just wondering what brands you use in your salon and how good you think they are

do you think you should learn about a few different brands rather than just one do u get comfortable with just one brand and leave it at that now im getting a bit more confident i was thinking about trying a new brand but just wanted to know what people thought?

For the amount of hair clients i do ,it's really not worth me changing i too use Igora Royal however with hair (not nails) i have found that just one brand is never enough . I haven't found ONE that i love for everything from tints and toners to retail products so i wonder if anyone else has ?

thats a good point becky ive never found one for everything either, its like salon products some suit some people others it doesnt its all trial and error :hug:

I totally agree,funny thing is ,with nail enhancements i use ONLY one brand !

i have worked with wella, loreal and redken and have found i love wella right through the entire range! i love thir product packaging, the numbering systme, the range, the effects, the techniques and defo the training! i fou nd the loreal numbering system made on sense at al in comparison with wella whos numbers are so easy to follow and make sense!!:green:

I Particularly like the affinage range. The chocolate and coffee ranges are fab. Milk chocolate, cappuchino, dark chocolate and coffee are lovely base colours. Excellent coverage, and the blondes are lovely. Also I find they are better value because the tubes are bigger.

I also use l'oreal loads especially the maji-contrasts with magenta red being one that is a particular favourite amongst my clients.

:hug:Elaine xx

I Particularly like the affinage range. The chocolate and coffee ranges are fab. Milk chocolate, cappuchino, dark chocolate and coffee are lovely base colours. Excellent coverage, and the blondes are lovely. Also I find they are better value because the tubes are bigger.

I also use l'oreal loads especially the maji-contrasts with magenta red being one that is a particular favourite amongst my clients.

:hug:Elaine xx

Hi can you tell us some more about the Affinage range (are they tints or semis ect ?)
and where to buy ?
they sound so lovely ,

I find some times the clients just love a name like coffee or milk chocolate
as its easier to relate to ,:hug:x

Hi can you tell us some more about the Affinage range (are they tints or semis ect ?)
and where to buy ?
they sound so lovely ,

we get that alot in the salon i work at the most popular being they want a chocolate brown

and where to buy ?
they sound so lovely ,

Hi Minky

Take a look at Affinage and click on the products.

I think most wholesalers do it , but check first.

They are permanent colours INFINITI by affinage in 100 ml tubes!

I have used nearly all colour ranges and find this far superior to many others.
But its like horses for courses, we all tend to stick with what we know.

They do a pre-pigment spray and it is FAB.

3 shades - just spray and colour straight over the top without rinsing it off.

It saves messing about with seperate colours to pre-pig. Its called Quickpig.

I do use other brands, but just keep going back for more affinage. Their bleach is fab too. I love it.

Elaine xx:hug:

hi all

i would just like to say i use and love CLYNOL, every colour, toner, retail product, bleach and quasi does exactly what its supposed to do. the whole range is fantastic cant fault it.

I find that most of the major brands (I've used most of them) do pretty much what they say on the tin. I've used Matrix for the last 5 years and love them. As a salon owner their training, backup and support is second to none and I wouldn't consider changing to anyone else.
Nick

Hi , Lavender-blue thank you for the Affinage link it all looks so lovely,
:hug: x

I tried sticking to one but I found myself falling in love with more of them. I use Redken , Wella and L'oreal. Different clients , different preference.

Latest posts

Back