Colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy123

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a client that wants a colour change. I have been away for a while and she has put a chocolate brown on her hair 4 months ago (faded alot but still dark). She's a natural base 6. We used to use 6 and 7 diacolour richesse.
She would now like to be a light brown. I will attach a picture.
How would you guys perform this colour change? Bearing in mind I'm freelance.
I was thinking of gradually doing hi lights as it will be kinder to her hair. Maybe to do a bleach bath and apply 6.3 and 7.3 with a few fine hi-lights.

Anyone's opinion would be greatfull

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1424638798636.jpg
    1424638798636.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 344
What depth is the colour she put on herself and how much regrowth has she got?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

From a picture it looks like around a base 4. She has around half an inch regrowth too :/

Is it as dark as that?

To me it's a wishy washy level 4. It hasn't got much depth to it

To me it's a wishy washy level 4. It hasn't got much depth to it

Do you mean it doesn't have much tone or its patchy?? if it didn't have much depth it would be light blonde x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes its wishy washy and patchy . Some places (ends) are lighter obviously through heat and dryness. X

Are the ends as light as a 6 in the picture you have shown she wants? x

Current colour now x

Attachments

• 1424937964905.jpg
    1424937964905.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 188
Current colour now x

The hair looks quite damaged at the ends, she needs a good haircut whatever you decide to do.

If she has only coloured it once it should be relitively easy to remove the colour. So if you dis a bleach bath you would only have to do it for 10 mins max.

But you said your freelance,are you doing this at her house? If that's the case then best option is to highlight then tone with chosen colours in colour touch x

The hair looks quite damaged at the ends, she needs a good haircut whatever you decide to do.

If she has only coloured it once it should be relitively easy to remove the colour. So if you dis a bleach bath you would only have to do it for 10 mins max.

But you said your freelance,are you doing this at her house? If that's the case then best option is to highlight then tone with chosen colours in colour touch x

Thanks Jamie.
Yup I'm mobile so colour changes are a nightmare to do. I have suggested maybe doing hilights and then toning it with a 6.34 maybe. A big chop is much needed I think also and a decent treatment. Any nice toners you prefare to use? I'm always willing to try other people's choices :)

Thanks Jamie.
Yup I'm mobile so colour changes are a nightmare to do. I have suggested maybe doing hilights and then toning it with a 6.34 maybe. A big chop is much needed I think also and a decent treatment. Any nice toners you prefare to use? I'm always willing to try other people's choices :)

Just realised your using L'oreal not Wella, I wouldn't know in L'oreal, but if it was my client I would tone with 7/73 leave for 15 Mins x

Why use a copper? I thought your initial post said she wants to be 6.3?

Thanks Jamie :)

End result :)

Attachments

• 1425403219253.jpg
    1425403219253.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Back