Colour changing nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautious

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm getting asked from clients about this colour changing nail polish (cold goes white warm goes pink) something like that lol
Where can I get this from please? Anyone know?
Thanks

It's one of those fake shellac products Hun x

It's one of those fake shellac products Hun x

That's a pretty sweeping generalisation!

Numerous legitimate companies make colour changing gels. If you search there are quite a few threads on the subject.

Crystal nails & lechat are both reputable companies. Both offer a wide range of colour change gels - crystal nails are called chameleon I think & lechat's are called mood gels.

Orly also offer shade shifter which is a similar effect - it is a black gel that can be used on top of any other colour & will reveal the colour beneath dependent on temperature.

That's a pretty sweeping generalisation!

Numerous legitimate companies make colour changing gels. If you search there are quite a few threads on the subject.

Crystal nails & lechat are both reputable companies. Both offer a wide range of colour change gels - crystal nails are called chameleon I think & lechat's are called mood gels.

Orly also offer shade shifter which is a similar effect - it is a black gel that can be used on top of any other colour & will reveal the colour beneath dependent on temperature.

I know what your saying and I am aware of the products you mentioned but as far as I'm aware the only one that goes white to pink is the bluesky one and that's the one op was enquiring about x

Le chat do one as far as i know that goes from white to blue. If thats any use to u x

I know what your saying and I am aware of the products you mentioned but as far as I'm aware the only one that goes white to pink is the bluesky one and that's the one op was enquiring about x

I don't believe that she was asking only about white to pink -"(cold goes white warm goes pink) something like that lol" And although bluesky does offer it, reputable companies like LeChat (24) and Gel II (21) offer color changers and Orly has Shade Shifter.

Obviously a bit late for me - seem to have duplicated the post so have deleted - sorry!!

Last edited:

I think she was enquiring about a concept - she had hazy information from a 3rd party. To describe the product she used an example. She then requested further information.

Either way your initial response was misleading to say the least.

If her scope of enquiry really was as narrow as you have deduced then Lechat offer: cherry blossom which changes from sparkling cream to deep pink & heavenly angel which changes from brilliant creme white to mid tone pink creme.

Or if she was talking about regular nail polish they are a lot of indie thermal polishes available too.

I think she was enquiring about a concept - she had hazy information from a 3rd party. To describe the product she used an example. She then requested further information.

Either way your initial response was misleading to say the least.

If her scope of enquiry really was as narrow as you have deduced then Lechat offer: cherry blossom which changes from sparkling cream to deep pink & heavenly angel which changes from brilliant creme white to mid tone pink creme.

When did salon geek become 'argue wih geeks'? There are so many people on here who would rather be right than nice!

God..... All I did was answer her question.

If we really want to be funny, I would put £20 on the fact that what ever that client had seen was that bluesky product and not lechat. There has been post after post on this forum about colour changing gel and polish and I've never seen it turn out to be anything but bluesky - why don't you search it? I'm sure you will enjoy finding something else to try and make me look stupid.

To the original op- your client has probably seen bluesky polish which is
Sold on fleabay and alot of unprofessional techs and diyers are using at present. It dosent come from a reputable supplier. This is all I can advise you as I don't use brands such as lechat or opi so I can't comment on the quality of their product xxxx

A lot of people have to be right on here iv noticed that.
When somebody is simply askinh.a question other users fire back negative comments straight away. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it, users will stop wanting to ask questions.

As for the polish hun, iv only heard of blue sky which I bought when I was in college. Its fine to use on yourself but I wouldn't use on clients.
Good luck :o
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When did salon geek become 'argue wih geeks'? There are so many people on here who would rather be right than nice!

God..... All I did was answer her question.

If we really want to be funny, I would put £20 on the fact that what ever that client had seen was that bluesky product and not lechat. There has been post after post on this forum about colour changing gel and polish and I've never seen it turn out to be anything but bluesky - why don't you search it? I'm sure you will enjoy finding something else to try and make me look stupid.

To the original op- your client has probably seen bluesky polish which is
Sold on fleabay and alot of unprofessional techs and diyers are using at present. It dosent come from a reputable supplier. This is all I can advise you as I don't use brands such as lechat or opi so I can't comment on the quality of their product xxxx

Mmm maybe climb down from your high horse? You didn't actually help the op just made a sweeping generalisation! There are other brands out there that offer this type of thing and willow rose and others were offering possible brands. No need to come storming back coz you are quite possibly wrong in your generalisation which was no help to the op anyway!

Its called Bluesky Colour Changing its similar to Shellac, I have some and my clients love it, you can buy it off ebay :biggrin::biggrin:

Mmm maybe climb down from your high horse? You didn't actually help the op just made a sweeping generalisation! There are other brands out there that offer this type of thing and willow rose and others were offering possible brands. No need to come storming back coz you are quite possibly wrong in your generalisation which was no help to the op anyway!

And kicking up a stink on her thread was helpful was it love?

Probably a good time to leave this alone- if you want to discuss it further then pm me but people like you are the reason this forum has gone downhill.... Starting to wonder why I rejoined.

Find something better to do than pick fault with others, concentrate on yourself and helping others, not going smackdown on them

Its called Bluesky Colour Changing its similar to Shellac, I have some and my clients love it, you can buy it off ebay :biggrin::biggrin:

Do you realise it's not a professional product and most insurers won't cover it? Yiur putting your self at massive risk if the client has a reaction to it x

And kicking up a stink on her thread was helpful was it love?

Probably a good time to leave this alone- if you want to discuss it further then pm me but people like you are the reason this forum has gone downhill.... Starting to wonder why I rejoined.

Find something better to do than pick fault with others, concentrate on yourself and helping others, not going smackdown on them

I take this back and apologise- I thought willow rose had responded to my post, not yourself, however.....

I was trying to help. I had my son on
My Lap, no one had replied so I
Didn't want to read and run. Bluesky is the only one Ive heard of so I asvised what I knew. This Is a forum and is for others to ask questions, I gave my answer and others gave there's but someone had to jump on the back of what I said and try to make me look stupid. What's the point? Where did it get anyone? Her answer was perfectly good enough without trying to bring me down. If it makes people feel good about themselves then what ever but
My answer was valid and correct and I stand by it.

Sorry again waffle4 I should have checked who posted that answer before responding but again.... I'm busy and responded quickly

Bluesky do really nice color change gels and i am insured to use it x

I take this back and apologise- I thought willow rose had responded to my post, not yourself, however.....

I was trying to help. I had my son on
My Lap, no one had replied so I
Didn't want to read and run. Bluesky is the only one Ive heard of so I asvised what I knew. This Is a forum and is for others to ask questions, I gave my answer and others gave there's but someone had to jump on the back of what I said and try to make me look stupid. What's the point? Where did it get anyone? Her answer was perfectly good enough without trying to bring me down. If it makes people feel good about themselves then what ever but
My answer was valid and correct and I stand by it.

Sorry again waffle4 I should have checked who posted that answer before responding but again.... I'm busy and responded quickly

I would never aim to make someone feel stupid, upset or angry.

I think if you took a step back you might see my posts are not inflammatory & don't make any negative assertions towards you.

It would have been nice if one colour change thread could have focused purely on legitimate professional companies rather than descending into the classic bluesky/fake rant.

I would never aim to make someone feel stupid, upset or angry.

I think if you took a step back you might see my posts are not inflammatory & don't make any negative assertions towards you.

It would have been nice if one colour change thread could have focused purely on legitimate professional companies rather than descending into the classic bluesky/fake rant.

It's a shame they aren't more well known because it might stop people using the likes of bluesky and cco!
Untill they produce msds and are supplied by a reputable wholesaler I for
One will not be touching their products.
I'm not a lover of the colour changing look but I'm guessing its a novelty with
Clients x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back