Colour choice and application help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsxo

Reaction score
I’ve got a new client who is around a base 4 or 5 naturally with about 30/40% white hair and maybe 90% at the front hairline.. I forgot to take a picture of her hair.. but I’ll post a pic of the test piece I took and what she’s aiming for!

There is some darker banding in some areas of her hair around a 7/8 very warm/golden.. maybe a little ginger in some areas! And the ends are probably around a base 9 or maybe a 10.
I’ve tested with 12/81 + 12% on her natural on the test piece however, this isn’t going to be enough lift.. would you go in with a scalp bleach?

I worry that the roots will either lift well and make the mids look too warm in comparison to the root and the ends of the hair! How would I get rid off the mid handing? Or that they won’t lift enough as it’s very dark and look too warm and solid.

or my other option is to Full head highlights with a hilift on the scalp between the foils?

Really not sure!
Thanks in advance! X

Attachments

• 34C00825-6AE2-456D-B43A-A6924EF84732.jpeg
    34C00825-6AE2-456D-B43A-A6924EF84732.jpeg
    745.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 6558001F-2AA2-4F81-9E56-BB4D180C5850.jpeg
    6558001F-2AA2-4F81-9E56-BB4D180C5850.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
A highlift tint isn’t going to be adequate on level 5 hair if you're trying for an Ashy level 10 blonde.
You could try bleach but different mixes. So use a mix with 3% on the lighter areas and another batch with 6% on areas that need more lift until you get it up to an even looking 9/10 all over.

I'd definitely go with bleach and tone. Highlift tint doesn't usually cut through banding very well. I would start with the darker areas first so probably the mid lengths and apply bleach + 4% leave until its lifted to a dark yellow then apply bleach +6% to the scalp leave to process until you reach a level 8 then apply bleach and 1.9% or 3% to the very ends of needed, then leave to process until you have achieved a level 10. Rinse and tone with 10/16 + 10/38.

A highlift tint isn’t going to be adequate on level 5 hair if you're trying for an Ashy level 10 blonde.
You could try bleach but different mixes. So use a mix with 3% on the lighter areas and another batch with 6% on areas that need more lift until you get it up to an even looking 9/10 all over.
I didn't refresh my page before replying sorry. But I'm glad our responses are similar

Thank you guys! I will go down the scalp bleach route.. applying to the mids/darker bands first! X

Latest posts

Back