Quantcast

Colour choice? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
:)

Helllllllooo...

If anyone has some advice on colour choice. It would be much appreciated.

I work with wella colours. So please no others formulas....;)

I have s client tonight that's been dying her hair herself using xxl colours. And is a pink/cherry colour. She's been colouring for a while.

So Iv done a strand test and it took to bleach and 6% well. (Will attach pics too)

She wants to go to a brown base with light pieces. Either highlights or baylayage.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to tone after and would like to here some suggestions. :rolleyes:

I don't have oplaplax or anything else like that. :p

Appreciate your help and advice

Thanks

Leah :p

Attachments

Xxleahxx

Reaction score

kellyanndro

crowning glory
Reaction score
:)

Helllllllooo...

If anyone has some advice on colour choice. It would be much appreciated.

I work with wella colours. So please no others formulas....;)

I have s client tonight that's been dying her hair herself using xxl colours. And is a pink/cherry colour. She's been colouring for a while.

So Iv done a strand test and it took to bleach and 6% well. (Will attach pics too)

She wants to go to a brown base with light pieces. Either highlights or baylayage.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to tone after and would like to here some suggestions. :rolleyes:

I don't have oplaplax or anything else like that. :p

Appreciate your help and advice

Thanks

Leah :p
Hey, So is the picture of the balayage you put up what your client wants her hair to look like?

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
Yes or similar!

kellyanndro

crowning glory
Reaction score
Yes or similar!
ok so firstly i would strip the hair using pre lightner and 6%, starting from the midlenths. If your client has pretty wishy washy ends then i would switch to 4% but if its quite red stick to 6%, if there is any regrowth do not touch it with the pre lightner :). I would then go in with a full head of highlights/ balayage and depending on the porosity 1.9% or 4% and pre lightner. In between the packets of balayage i would use something like 30mls of 7.37 and 20mls of 7 and 10 mls of 6.3 to achieve your nice darker brown colour. Your highlights should reach a level 8 and from that you can tone with something nice from the 8 line! 8.13 would be lovely x i hope this helps

kellyanndro

crowning glory
Reaction score
ok so firstly i would strip the hair using pre lightner and 6%, starting from the midlenths. If your client has pretty wishy washy ends then i would switch to 4% but if its quite red stick to 6%, if there is any regrowth do not touch it with the pre lightner :). I would then go in with a full head of highlights/ balayage and depending on the porosity 1.9% or 4% and pre lightner. In between the packets of balayage i would use something like 30mls of 7.37 and 20mls of 7 and 10 mls of 6.3 to achieve your nice darker brown colour. Your highlights should reach a level 8 and from that you can tone with something nice from the 8 line! 8.13 would be lovely x i hope this helps
oh and if you can add olaplex that would be amazing for her hair as it is alot of work :)

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply :)
So it went really well....:p
I striped the hair with a bleach bath and 6%
Then foiled with powder 6%
Then roots and combed threw with colour touch 66/07 ( needed to go a little darker really but my client didn't want to)
Then I toned with colour touch 8/73

Me and my client were very happy with the results. :D

Here's some pics. Will only let me upload the finished look. The other pics are too big sorrrrrry xx

Attachments

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Next time, consider trying a colour reducer before reaching for the bleach just to lift out old colour, especially if you're not using Olaplex. It will be a lot less damaging.

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
Next time, consider trying a colour reducer before reaching for the bleach just to lift out old colour, especially if you're not using Olaplex. It will be a lot less damaging.
Thanks for your comment! Her hair was in great condition after. As I did a strand test to see how her hair reacted to bleach to.

I have no idea about olaplex and here it's very expensive.

Xx

kellyanndro

crowning glory
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply :)
So it went really well....:p
I striped the hair with a bleach bath and 6%
Then foiled with powder 6%
Then roots and combed threw with colour touch 66/07 ( needed to go a little darker really but my client didn't want to)
Then I toned with colour touch 8/73

Me and my client were very happy with the results. :D

Here's some pics. Will only let me upload the finished look. The other pics are too big sorrrrrry xx
yayyy! it looks lovely.. no problem anytime xx

Xxleahxx

Reaction score

Latest posts