Colour choice? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
:)

Helllllllooo...

If anyone has some advice on colour choice. It would be much appreciated.

I work with wella colours. So please no others formulas....;)

I have s client tonight that's been dying her hair herself using xxl colours. And is a pink/cherry colour. She's been colouring for a while.

So Iv done a strand test and it took to bleach and 6% well. (Will attach pics too)

She wants to go to a brown base with light pieces. Either highlights or baylayage.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to tone after and would like to here some suggestions. :rolleyes:

I don't have oplaplax or anything else like that. :p

Appreciate your help and advice

Thanks

Leah :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 71
:)

Helllllllooo...

If anyone has some advice on colour choice. It would be much appreciated.

I work with wella colours. So please no others formulas....;)

I have s client tonight that's been dying her hair herself using xxl colours. And is a pink/cherry colour. She's been colouring for a while.

So Iv done a strand test and it took to bleach and 6% well. (Will attach pics too)

She wants to go to a brown base with light pieces. Either highlights or baylayage.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to tone after and would like to here some suggestions. :rolleyes:

I don't have oplaplax or anything else like that. :p

Appreciate your help and advice

Thanks

Leah :p
Hey, So is the picture of the balayage you put up what your client wants her hair to look like?

Yes or similar!

Yes or similar!
ok so firstly i would strip the hair using pre lightner and 6%, starting from the midlenths. If your client has pretty wishy washy ends then i would switch to 4% but if its quite red stick to 6%, if there is any regrowth do not touch it with the pre lightner :). I would then go in with a full head of highlights/ balayage and depending on the porosity 1.9% or 4% and pre lightner. In between the packets of balayage i would use something like 30mls of 7.37 and 20mls of 7 and 10 mls of 6.3 to achieve your nice darker brown colour. Your highlights should reach a level 8 and from that you can tone with something nice from the 8 line! 8.13 would be lovely x i hope this helps

ok so firstly i would strip the hair using pre lightner and 6%, starting from the midlenths. If your client has pretty wishy washy ends then i would switch to 4% but if its quite red stick to 6%, if there is any regrowth do not touch it with the pre lightner :). I would then go in with a full head of highlights/ balayage and depending on the porosity 1.9% or 4% and pre lightner. In between the packets of balayage i would use something like 30mls of 7.37 and 20mls of 7 and 10 mls of 6.3 to achieve your nice darker brown colour. Your highlights should reach a level 8 and from that you can tone with something nice from the 8 line! 8.13 would be lovely x i hope this helps
oh and if you can add olaplex that would be amazing for her hair as it is alot of work :)

Thanks so much for your reply :)
So it went really well....:p
I striped the hair with a bleach bath and 6%
Then foiled with powder 6%
Then roots and combed threw with colour touch 66/07 ( needed to go a little darker really but my client didn't want to)
Then I toned with colour touch 8/73

Me and my client were very happy with the results. :D

Here's some pics. Will only let me upload the finished look. The other pics are too big sorrrrrry xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 71
Next time, consider trying a colour reducer before reaching for the bleach just to lift out old colour, especially if you're not using Olaplex. It will be a lot less damaging.

Next time, consider trying a colour reducer before reaching for the bleach just to lift out old colour, especially if you're not using Olaplex. It will be a lot less damaging.

Thanks for your comment! Her hair was in great condition after. As I did a strand test to see how her hair reacted to bleach to.

I have no idea about olaplex and here it's very expensive.

Xx

Thanks so much for your reply :)
So it went really well....:p
I striped the hair with a bleach bath and 6%
Then foiled with powder 6%
Then roots and combed threw with colour touch 66/07 ( needed to go a little darker really but my client didn't want to)
Then I toned with colour touch 8/73

Me and my client were very happy with the results. :D

Here's some pics. Will only let me upload the finished look. The other pics are too big sorrrrrry xx
yayyy! it looks lovely.. no problem anytime xx

Latest posts

Back