Colour confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donibird

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Im confused to when you would use a colour like color touch 9/36. Why would you add gold with the 3 then counteract gold with the 6?tia

Ha!! I've never understood this either!
It seems to be a peculiarly Wella thing.

Hi Geeks, Im confused to when you would use a colour like color touch 9/36. Why would you add gold with the 3 then counteract gold with the 6?tia
I use this if I'm transitioning a client from cool to maybe more of a natural tone. Becaue of the tonal qualities and amounts it's still predominantly warm, but has a violet reflect, so it's softer than a 9/3 would be. It's lovely if you want to soften bleach highlights. 8/38 would be another example of this. Technically 8/38 should be green? But again it works well to soften colours, if you lifted someone's hair to a level 9 and they wantes a more natural blonde shade, I'd use 8/38 to bring it down and give a softer finish, still clean, but not necessarily cool.
I hope this helps?

Why would you add gold with the 3 then counteract gold with the 6?tia

That’s not exactly how it works because the amount of colour pigment in the two tones isn’t equal.
There’s much less pigment in the secondary tone so it won’t cancel out the primary tone But it will subdue it, as @ronray explained.

Latest posts

Back