Colour correction advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Geeks, I really need your help! I had my hair coloured from light blonde(901s and 9 highlights) to brunette (6.3/6 full head tint with foils 8.03 & 901s) but a trusted hairstylist(I didn't know at the time what was used and my hair is now so flat and wishy washy. I don't want to be this light but equally need it to look ok for Xmas so I'm contemplating putting a dia over it for a quick fix to tie me over as I'm so upset. Any advice on what you would use, I'm so upset I can't think straight. I need to out the warmth back in so thinking a .34 shade but what base to use. My roots are 6.3 now but ideally don't want to stay this dark but know they won't lift now so need the ends to blend ok. Pic attached for you to see the ends
Please help I'm at my whits end!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418636612.248337.jpg

Any replies as soon as poss would be great as I'm going to get a colour at lunch time to try and rectify it as much as I can x

What colour did you want to be?

I dont understand why your roots are darker than the ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for replying hun! Ideally no darker than a 7. But would happy for it just to be even now. This is what I ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418639614.975623.jpg

I had a re growth and I guess the ends were just porous and there wasn't enough warmth in them x

These are the roots hun ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418640032.302689.jpg

So you think 1/2 and 1/2 of both of the the Dia shades applied as a full head tint just to tone the blondes through? As I was initially thinking just the 8.34 applied. I can always put a few foils through afterwards if they are needed. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it c

Geeks, I really need your help! I had my hair coloured from light blonde(901s and 9 highlights) to brunette (6.3/6 full head tint with foils 8.03 & 901s) but a trusted hairstylist(I didn't know at the time what was used and my hair is now so flat and wishy washy. I don't want to be this light but equally need it to look ok for Xmas so I'm contemplating putting a dia over it for a quick fix to tie me over as I'm so upset. Any advice on what you would use, I'm so upset I can't think straight. I need to out the warmth back in so thinking a .34 shade but what base to use. My roots are 6.3 now but ideally don't want to stay this dark but know they won't lift now so need the ends to blend ok. Pic attached for you to see the ends
Please help I'm at my whits end!!View attachment 80165

Your profile does not show you are a hair professional, so this thread has been moved to Consumer Queries, and the technical formula information removed.

Oh I'm naturally a base 8 x

Hi, I can assure you I am definitely a hairdresser. What do I need to do on my profile to 'prove' it?

Surely you should ask that question before it being removed?

Hi, I can assure you I am definitely a hairdresser. What do I need to do on my profile to 'prove' it?

You will need to access the full site via a pc, laptop or iPad. Alternatively, if using the app, by using Tapatalk or Safari as your web browser.

Please also indicate your training and qualifications, if applicable.

This will help other hair professionals to give you the correct advice, and will avoid any confusion with your posts in the Hair Geek forum in the future.

Thanks.

Surely you should ask that question before it being removed?

At the same token, if your profile had been completed previously, I would not have needed to ask.

You will appreciate we have many members asking for pro advice when unqualified, which is why it's important for profiles to be completed so we don't have to guess or search through previous posts.

Last edited:
Hi ChelleBells10,
you've mentioned in previous posts about preferring to work with bridal and hair extensions and not being confident in colour correction and your thread queries confirm this.

Have you considered attending some additional colour correction courses to improve your understanding in this area? I'm sure you'd find them useful.

Hi ChelleBells10,
you've mentioned in previous posts about preferring to work with bridal and hair extensions and not being confident in colour correction and your thread queries confirm this.

Have you considered attending some additional colour correction courses to improve your understanding in this area? I'm sure you'd find them useful.

This is something I have considered yes, I am always keen to expand my knowledge and being self employed it's hard not having colleagues in a salon to run ideas etc past.

It's absolutely something I would love to do. If you have any suggestions of where I could look for further educational courses that would be greatly received. I've been a qualified hairstylist for 14years now but as we all know it's constantly changing!

Whereabouts are you based?

Berkshire (near reading)

Latest posts

Back