Colour correction-help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonrat

Reaction score
I have a client with natural base 7 with about 2 inch re-growth! She would like to go back to more or less her natural colour. She's been using casting crem gloss every 6 weeks for about a year at about a base 5 with red. What's the best prosuct to strip the colour and then what would you use to colour all over to get to a base 7 withhout too much warmth! I am a Wella girl but havnt stripped for years so don't know what's best!!!! sShe then may have a few very fine hi-light. I wanted to do a bleach shampoo but I did a test strand and it didn't seem to budge! Soorry fOr the essay and thanks for your advice xxx

I have a client with natural base 7 with about 2 inch re-growth! She would like to go back to more or less her natural colour. She's been using casting crem gloss every 6 weeks for about a year at about a base 5 with red. What's the best prosuct to strip the colour and then what would you use to colour all over to get to a base 7 withhout too much warmth! I am a Wella girl but havnt stripped for years so don't know what's best!!!! sShe then may have a few very fine hi-light. I wanted to do a bleach shampoo but I did a test strand and it didn't seem to budge! Soorry fOr the essay and thanks for your advice xxx

Mild lightener with 6% on the colour avoiding root , but lifting to a 7 you will get warmth so its upto you then to neutralise that warmth.

Blondi Rae is a fab stripper if instructions followed to the letter x

I had a similar client the other day ... I used 1 part wella blue bleach to 2 parts pastel avoiding the root area this hopefully get you two depths lighter, then pick out and tone highlights :)

If she's using box dyes, she might also be using cheap shampoos and have a build up of silicone which will affect your results. Perhaps advise her to use a clarifying shampoo beforehand?

Latest posts

Back