Colour correction help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotie

Chucks
Reaction score
Any advice on what color to go.

My friend is pillar box red and has been for 4 years. Last night we decided to try get to a brown, which I said would be warm and some blonde underneath highlights.

I did a light bleach bath to try shift a little of the red, I then put some foils in and painted illumina 6/16 over the rest of the hair. Then toned the blonde.

It still warm and she's saying its gingery. The root is still quite bright too.

I was thinking to lift the root a little more to shift the red and then putting an all over darker color. The 6 looks more like an 8 so I think I need to add more depth and maybe go with a 5. She's not bothered about the blond as we were gonna focus on getting it a nice brown then add the blond at a later date.

Any advice on whether I should put a red brown or try to get more warmth out. For now I just wanna get it to a nice color so we can progress to her final color in a few months. Final color she wants a natural brown with a caramel balayage.

Once again I've promised the moon on a stick. I no I need to be more realistic with what's achievable in one sitting.

Help please

Any advice on what color to go.

My friend is pillar box red and has been for 4 years. Last night we decided to try get to a brown, which I said would be warm and some blonde underneath highlights.

I did a light bleach bath to try shift a little of the red, I then put some foils in and painted illumina 6/16 over the rest of the hair. Then toned the blonde.

It still warm and she's saying its gingery. The root is still quite bright too.

I was thinking to lift the root a little more to shift the red and then putting an all over darker color. The 6 looks more like an 8 so I think I need to add more depth and maybe go with a 5. She's not bothered about the blond as we were gonna focus on getting it a nice brown then add the blond at a later date.

Any advice on whether I should put a red brown or try to get more warmth out. For now I just wanna get it to a nice color so we can progress to her final color in a few months. Final color she wants a natural brown with a caramel balayage.

Once again I've promised the moon on a stick. I no I need to be more realistic with what's achievable in one sitting.

Help please
I would go in and use color remover. Malibu crystal gel first the CPR. This will help remove artificial color but not affect the lightened hair or new growth/natural color. You need to remove as much as you can because the only way to cover is go darker. Then when you lighten it will still be there and always pull too warm. Also makes it harder to remove later to go darker now. I also use Olaplex in all of my corrective work to help keep the hair strong and mitigate any breakage

I would go in and use color remover. Malibu crystal gel first the CPR. This will help remove artificial color but not affect the lightened hair or new growth/natural color. You need to remove as much as you can because the only way to cover is go darker. Then when you lighten it will still be there and always pull too warm. Also makes it harder to remove later to go darker now. I also use Olaplex in all of my corrective work to help keep the hair strong and mitigate any breakage

I did contemplate a color remover but when I've used them in the past it's made the hair really dry. But I guess I'll get that with bleach anyway. I'm doing this Saturday so I'll give a color remover a go. Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice, color remover worked a treat. W still have a little way to go. Xx

Thanks for the advice, color remover worked a treat. W still have a little way to go. Xx
Did you get some significant lift? Mostly it gives me a better canvas to work with lightener on. How does her hair feel?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476120479.138800.jpg
so we got to this. I couldn't find the one u recommended but used an affinage. It took loads of the red out! And her hair felt fine. I lifted it a little more after and then colored and toned. Xx

View attachment 201418 so we got to this. I couldn't find the one u recommended but used an affinage. It took loads of the red out! And her hair felt fine. I lifted it a little more after and then colored and toned. Xx
Oh wow! That looks beautiful! I hope that you and she were happy with this. Her hair looks very healthy also! Great work!

Yes it stayed lovely. Thanks for the colour remover advice definitely helped keep the condition xxxx

Deffo better than the red ✌

Latest posts

Back