Colour correction help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
Hi
I’m new to hairdressing and need some advice.

I have a client with box dye on her hair
Her roots are a 5, midlenghs are a 7 and ends a 4-5. Very patchy all over.
Her hair is very thick and healthy.

The end result she wants to be a nice chocolate brown On a level 6.

My question is - Do I need to use a colour remover first ?
Can I recolour her hair the same day ?
Do I recolour with a Demi or permanent .. and which colour choices would you recommend as I’ve just read I need to choose 2 shades lighter when using colour removers ?
Which colour remover would you recommend ?

Hope someone can help me ! I just want to do a nice job first time around.
Thanks x

Hi
I’m new to hairdressing and need some advice.

I have a client with box dye on her hair
Her roots are a 5, midlenghs are a 7 and ends a 4-5. Very patchy all over.
Her hair is very thick and healthy.

The end result she wants to be a nice chocolate brown On a level 6.

My question is - Do I need to use a colour remover first ?
Can I recolour her hair the same day ?
Do I recolour with a Demi or permanent .. and which colour choices would you recommend as I’ve just read I need to choose 2 shades lighter when using colour removers ?
Which colour remover would you recommend ?

Hope someone can help me ! I just want to do a nice job first time around.
Thanks x
Colour remover? = yes!
Re colour same day? = yes
Semi/demi? = individual per product/manufacturer.
What shade? = individual per product /manufacturer - typically 2 shades lighter than target shade.
I would recommend Affinage Eraser.
Be warned as you may need more than one application - but this is the best way to guarantee an even result.

Colour remover? = yes!
Re colour same day? = yes
Semi/demi? = individual per product/manufacturer.
What shade? = individual per product /manufacturer - typically 2 shades lighter than target shade.
I would recommend Affinage Eraser.
Be warned as you may need more than one application - but this is the best way to guarantee an even result.
Thank you. I’ve never used a colour remover before so how would I know if it’s worked well enough or needed a second application ?

I use shwartzkopf igora Royal for permanent and vibrance for Demi.

Will am base level 8 really go as dark as a 6 ?
Thanks for your help your a life saver. There’s only ever you that helps me on here !

O
Thank you. I’ve never used a colour remover before so how would I know if it’s worked well enough or needed a second application ?

I use shwartzkopf igora Royal for permanent and vibrance for Demi.

Will am base level 8 really go as dark as a 6 ?
Thanks for your help your a life saver. There’s only ever you that helps me on here !
Okay so first of all you do the Eraser as per instructions, follow all the steps. If onec you've applied step 3 and the colour darkens at all or changes at all then you have to do a second application. So you just finish the process, dry the hair an then start over with a second application. The second application is always more effective than the first. If I remember correctly you use a permanent tint with 6% after the Eraser. And yeas seriously it does go darker than the shade you put on. The hair is extremely porous and susceptible after the colour remover. The instructions are very detailed and easy to understand. I read the instructions before and during the process, just to make sure. Trust me you can never be too sure with these, becaus if you miss a vital step, it can sabotage your end result an all tower hard work.
I'm glad I can help, just realised how sad it seems that I'm always on here!

O
Okay so first of all you do the Eraser as per instructions, follow all the steps. If onec you've applied step 3 and the colour darkens at all or changes at all then you have to do a second application. So you just finish the process, dry the hair an then start over with a second application. The second application is always more effective than the first. If I remember correctly you use a permanent tint with 6% after the Eraser. And yeas seriously it does go darker than the shade you put on. The hair is extremely porous and susceptible after the colour remover. The instructions are very detailed and easy to understand. I read the instructions before and during the process, just to make sure. Trust me you can never be too sure with these, becaus if you miss a vital step, it can sabotage your end result an all tower hard work.
Just some food for thought too, Salon connections actually have the Eraser on promotion this month:)

O
Haha I bet a lot of people are but the can’t be bothered replying to the bigger questions lol.
Thanks for all that I’m off to wholesalers today to get the eraser and il
Choose the colour 2 shades lighter for her.
Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back