Colour correction/khaki hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Hi everyone i hope you can offer some advice.
I have a client in soon who had a scalp bleach 4 weeks ago. Shes been left with a very yellow undertone in which some areas have turned khaki green (im guessing from an overload of blue ash at the toning stage) her natural level is a base 6 (100% white around front hairline) and our target shade is a neutral base 8.

I was planning on using majirel 8.12 30vol on the regrowth (8.03 20vol on the white areas) and possibly 8.31 diarichesse 9vol on the lengths and ends. Would anyone go about this differently and if so what would you do? Bleach powder + h20 beforehand?

The condition is really compromised. She has severe breakage around her front hairline and it is MEGA porous and elastic.

Any suggestions appreciated and obviously i use L'oreal.

Could you do a cleanse at the basin to remove the khaki?

Could you do a cleanse at the basin to remove the khaki?

That was my first thought.. but im wary because of the condition of her hair

Hmm do you have a good cleansing shampoo? If not neutralising the different bands is probably your best bet like you said :)

Yeah i do so i could try.. im just concerned about using 8.31 through the ends where its khaki as im adding more gold and ash so i wonder wether to change the formula slightly (bearing in mind she doesnt want to go too warm)

Why did she have a scalp bleach if she wants a base 8?
I'd do a strand test to cover yourself.
I've seen 'mud' off of 8.13 / 8.31over certain bases....:confused:
I'd try using 8 on it's own.....if the hair is really compromised, use Dia-light mid lengths and ends.
But defo strand test first....bad hair GRABS!!!!!:eek:

Why did she have a scalp bleach if she wants a base 8?
I'd do a strand test to cover yourself.
I've seen 'mud' off of 8.13 / 8.31over certain bases....:confused:
I'd try using 8 on it's own.....if the hair is really compromised, use Dia-light mid lengths and ends.
But defo strand test first....bad hair GRABS!!!!!:eek:

Shes been really unhappy with the colour and i suggested going down to an 8 as its currently way too light for her skin tone.
You dont think i'd need to use any warmth then? Just a flat base 8 on its own?

You will need to remove the 'green' first....
I'd do an OLAPLEX treatment, then assess the hair ....do a strand test at this stage.
Fund. 8.3 on root for cover of white, and dia light mid & ends...8 with a little 8.3.
I prefer to go slightly warmer than the target to guard against 'The mud'.
Remember the tendency for porous hair to grab! :oops:

Latest posts

Back