Colour correction L'Oreal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthinker

Reaction score
Hi guys ivd got a mobile client to do soon, she has about 4inch regowth of base 6 hair and the lengths and ends are a faded red about a 6 to.. She wants to get rid of the red completely... My thoughts are to put a 6.01 or 6.15 richesse all over, or put a 6.07 dialight on the red and develop and then a warm 6 all over . I wouldn't normally worry about something like this but as it's mobile and il have limited stock I need to be fully prepared!!

Hi guys ivd got a mobile client to do soon, she has about 4inch regowth of base 6 hair and the lengths and ends are a faded red about a 6 to.. She wants to get rid of the red completely... My thoughts are to put a 6.01 or 6.15 richesse all over, or put a 6.07 dialight on the red and develop and then a warm 6 all over . I wouldn't normally worry about something like this but as it's mobile and il have limited stock I need to be fully prepared!!

So you want to get her to a 6.1 or a 6? 6.01 will not neutralise the red and 6.15 has Mahogany in it so will have red in it. Remember the golden rule - "if in doubt, cleanse it out"

I would just do a gentle cleanse with effassor and warm water on the ends where the build up of red is as you only need to remove the tone. Eyeball until the undercoat is orange then you have the correct undercoat for any level 6 colour you wish to choose. Then apply chosen shade to roots and take through immediately.

well I would use a 6.12 but they discontinued it lol. Oh okay I did think of cleansing it out but then i thought it would fade quickly and the orangey tone will keep coming back through?

Cool tones cannot sit over warm tones. You need to cleanse out the tone and start again.

A base 6 sits on an orange undercoat - that's perfect for your chosen shade warm or cool once cleansed.

As I'm doing it at home I didn't really want to cleanse it all out I want to keep it to a minimal products as I've got to buy it all as I don't do much home hair... Couldn't I use a flat 6 over the red and then use a 6 with a little bit of 6.25 or something on the root area ?

No, if you put a 6 over the red will still come through and be warm. She doesn't want any warmth so you got to cleanse it out otherwise you are not giving your client what she wants.

I appreciate what you are trying to make the job easy by putting something over the top but as you put in the title "colour correction" thats what you have got to do and the client has to pay for that service. You can buy effassor by the packet for under £10 just add it on to her bill.

Oh okay I didn't know that u could buy effasor in packets. I've asked all the girls in salon to and there all giving me different answers [emoji25]

To 'neutralise' the red you need a .7. But I don't think that'll be good enough.

I definitely think you need to take the colour out. I personally would try a colour remover first. As I'm always a but nervous about effassor.

Oh okay I didn't know that u could buy effasor in packets. I've asked all the girls in salon to and there all giving me different answers [emoji25]

http://www.salon-services.com/loreal-efassor/ I would recommend you go on L'Oreals "Colour Change" course. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. Get started on the right path and you will have a long and successful career with happy clients. Good luck whatever you decide.

I have been on the colour change course but we didn't really touch on reds and there's quite a few different methods of doing it. They say about effasoring every time you change certain tones but we all know that you don't HAVE to do that lol I just didn't want to effasor at home but i think I'm to scared not to! Lol thanks for ur inputs guys

So what's your actual target shade?

We we're going for like a 6.13 something quite natural and with a bit of warmth

Latest posts

Back