Colour correction opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyclarehair

Reaction score
Hi all! Just looking for different opinions on the application/shades for this colour correction. My client has been having a bleach retouch for many years but wants a change to something more subtle/manageable and has sent me the 2nd picture. I just wondered how you lot would go about it as people seem to do this very differently e.g some people like to lift the root before they smudge it down etc. I am also beginning to use wunderbar hair colour so if anybody has any suggestions/tips that would be great! I have taken strands from this client this morning with the hope of testing them over the weekend!

Thanks in advance 🥰

20200815_123813.jpg
Screenshot_20200815-132852_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't think you'd need to pre lighten the root first. You could just use a violet ash level 6 demi to go over the natural root and the band to create your shaddow root. Your other option would also be to highlight it first and then create your shadow root.

I don't think you'd need to pre lighten the root first. You could just use a violet ash level 6 demi to go over the natural root and the band to create your shaddow root. Your other option would also be to highlight it first and then create your shadow root.

Hi thanks for your reply!
Which way round would you suggest I do it?

I did something similar the other day and I didn't lift her regrowth. I picked a colour similar to her natural and smudged it down, then I went through and did some chunky lowlights (quite far apart so that she was still mostly blonde) on a diagonal to blend the root smudge but I left out the ends of the lowlights so that the ends were still a block blonde! Hope that helps!

Hi thanks for your reply!
Which way round would you suggest I do it?
You could probably go straight for the root smudge for a few appointments. And then as the hair grows and the blonde becomes further down the hair, you could then do the highlights and rood smudge.

Hi all I just wanted to thank you all for your help and show you the finished product....

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1597757132464.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1597757132464.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 138
Hi all I just wanted to thank you all for your help and show you the finished product....
This looks great, can I ask what you did and formulas to achieve this? x

Latest posts

Back