Colour correction purpke to brown ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair candy

Reaction score
Hi everyone help needed! So I have a client in next week who wants to return to her usual colour (base 2) the issue is her midlengths and ends have alot of purple dye on (last done around a month ago but she is still having alot of purple coming out when washing) normally I would use a colour remover then apply colour with alot of gold / yellow tones to counteract the purple.... But she has permanent and direct dye purple on her hair....
Her main reason for wanting to go back to her natural colour is because her hair where the purple is feels very dry so I'm hoping to avoid bleach.... 🤔
Would u guys use a permanent colour remover and a direct dye remover separately....
Bleach bath....
Or just put a base colour on with alot of extra gold pigment...?

We will be doing an olaplex treatment with her dark dye to help with dryness and trimming ends but as her hair is very long I don't want to damage her already fragile hair x

Any help greatly appreciated!!! ♥

Hi everyone help needed! So I have a client in next week who wants to return to her usual colour (base 2) the issue is her midlengths and ends have alot of purple dye on (last done around a month ago but she is still having alot of purple coming out when washing) normally I would use a colour remover then apply colour with alot of gold / yellow tones to counteract the purple.... But she has permanent and direct dye purple on her hair....
Her main reason for wanting to go back to her natural colour is because her hair where the purple is feels very dry so I'm hoping to avoid bleach.... 🤔
Would u guys use a permanent colour remover and a direct dye remover separately....
Bleach bath....
Or just put a base colour on with alot of extra gold pigment...?

We will be doing an olaplex treatment with her dark dye to help with dryness and trimming ends but as her hair is very long I don't want to damage her already fragile hair x

Any help greatly appreciated!!! ♥
I would personally get her to use a clarifying/ deep cleansing shampoo a few times before she comes in. This will help remove the direct dye and you can see what you're really working with. But to be honest going down to a 2 should cover really well as the colour is so dense. Unless her hair is extremely porous....

Latest posts

Back