Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha22

Reaction score
hi can somebody help me i have done a clients colour today she is naturally strawberry blonde with full head highlights she wanted to be brighter so i have put bleached foils through and koleston12/1 with 12% on her roots its gone really quite orange and the bleach really struggles to lift shes comin back in tomorrow as shes not to keen any ideas would be much appreciated thank samantha

hi can somebody help me i have done a clients colour today she is naturally strawberry blonde with full head highlights she wanted to be brighter so i have put bleached foils through and koleston12/1 with 12% on her roots its gone really quite orange and the bleach really struggles to lift shes comin back in tomorrow as shes not to keen any ideas would be much appreciated thank samantha

Have both the bleach and the highlift gone orange or just the highlift?
did you tone it afterwards?

you cant tone hi lift tint can you?x

you cant tone hi lift tint can you?x

Technically you can, but that would defeat the point of them, i was asking about the bleach highlights, sorry should have specified lol x

Sorry this is going off the subject lol i did a colour correction a while ago, some one had used a hi lift on a base 4 (god knows why) then i had to try to fix it, i tried to tone it and didnt make the slightest difference, had to bleach and tone in the end x

Sorry this is going off the subject lol i did a colour correction a while ago, some one had used a hi lift on a base 4 (god knows why) then i had to try to fix it, i tried to tone it and didnt make the slightest difference, had to bleach and tone in the end x

thats because the highlift didnt lift enough as it was used on a lower base. if you had toned with a shade darker then it would have worked, but darkened at the same time.

Have both the bleach and the highlift gone orange or just the highlift?
did you tone it afterwards?
no its only the high lift tint and no i didnt tone it i have some colour touch colour at work am hopin may come in usefull tomorrow so if u have any suggestions am so gratefull i cant belive how helpfull this website is thanks alot everyone x

no its only the high lift tint and no i didnt tone it i have some colour touch colour at work am hopin may come in usefull tomorrow so if u have any suggestions am so gratefull i cant belive how helpfull this website is thanks alot everyone x

I would probably say bleach over the highlift with 3% to be honest

I would probably say bleach over the highlift with 3% to be honest
i spoke to the wella tecs they said maybe colour touch 9/01on roots then if it covers to much of the bleach hlts re do them after washing out? thanks for your input

yep knock the highlift on the head, the hair has far too much red in it for the highlift to work, go over with bleach and 3% as perry says, and stick to bleach in future on her hair! x

i spoke to the wella tecs they said maybe colour touch 9/01on roots then if it covers to much of the bleach hlts re do them after washing out? thanks for your input

The high lift would only have lifted to an 8/9 so a 9 wouldn't help but it would be impractical to pick out the high lift and tone anyway, bleach them and comb through a nice natural toner to give the multi tonal effect she is after

yep knock the highlift on the head, the hair has far too much red in it for the highlift to work, go over with bleach and 3% as perry says, and stick to bleach in future on her hair! x
thankyou i feel tons better now after coming on here x

Latest posts

Back