Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise Hair

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some advice. I'm currently working in a salon self employed but struggle with confidence and trusting my gut sometimes. My client is naturally an ash level 8 maybe even 9, she's been having colour touch 5/37 on for about a year but wants a change. She would like a lighter ash brown root (photos she's shown me are a level 6) and lighter ends. I bleached bathed her root (obviously using olaplex) and this is the end result
IMG_20180815_122022__01.jpg
IMG_20180814_173740__01.jpg

Do you think I need to lighten it again or would a base 6 with ash tones cover it? Thanks

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some advice. I'm currently working in a salon self employed but struggle with confidence and trusting my gut sometimes. My client is naturally an ash level 8 maybe even 9, she's been having colour touch 5/37 on for about a year but wants a change. She would like a lighter ash brown root (photos she's shown me are a level 6) and lighter ends. I bleached bathed her root (obviously using olaplex) and this is the end result View attachment 207798View attachment 207799

Do you think I need to lighten it again or would a base 6 with ash tones cover it? Thanks
It looks like there's a lot of orange undertone there, so you will need blue to counteract this. But this will just leave you with a 6.
But if you have a 6 at the root and what looks like a 7 on the ends, it's not creating much contrast, would it be worth lightening the ends to get a Cooler, lighter blonde on the ends?

Thank you for replying. Yes that's my plan to lighten the ends, they had been previously bleached (over a year ago) so the strand test I did lifted a lot quicker than her root. I use wella can you recommend a colour containing an 8 to counteract the orange tones?

I've done a test strand today with 6.0 and /81 seems to cover it well but looks a little karki

I've done a test strand today with 6.0 and /81 seems to cover it well but looks a little karki
I would be more inclined to use colour touch, try 7/89 and maybe add 6/71, you should still get a small amount of natural warmth. So you don't get a flat sludgy colour.

I personally would lighten it more! I think if you use a 6 ash it will look darker, I’d lift out the dark roots just a bit more by doing a mixture of babylights and foilage lights on the ends then do a basin root smudge of a 6 on wet hair so you get that natural lived in root colour

Latest posts

Back