Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzii

Reaction score
My client isa base 6. With brown out growing root drag about a base 5, i have recently stripped my clients hair as I couldn’t cover the brown again as my client wants orange hair, like a 8.34 wella. It got rid of almost all the brown from the colour remover, and her ends were a very light orange. So we chose colour 88.43 which was to orange and a bit red. She has messaged to say the colour is all sorts of colours. Orange, pinky. I was wondering how can I now achieve her to have a full colour of 8.34. She didn’t want to use bleach as well.

My client isa base 6. With brown out growing root drag about a base 5, i have recently stripped my clients hair as I couldn’t cover the brown again as my client wants orange hair, like a 8.34 wella. It got rid of almost all the brown from the colour remover, and her ends were a very light orange. So we chose colour 88.43 which was to orange and a bit red. She has messaged to say the colour is all sorts of colours. Orange, pinky. I was wondering how can I now achieve her to have a full colour of 8.34. She didn’t want to use bleach as well.
How has the 88.43 gone all kinds of colours? Was it applied to an uneaven base?also if the target shade was 8.34, why did you opt to use 88.43?

What was the colour like when you rinsed and dried it? What’s happened since?

What was the colour like when you rinsed and dried it? What’s happened since?
It was a bright orange with a hint of red, it looked nice. She’s washes her hair every day I know that.

How has the 88.43 gone all kinds of colours? Was it applied to an uneaven base?also if the target shade was 8.34, why did you opt to use 88.43?
The target shade now is 8.34 sorry, she has changed her mind. It was a base 8 when I put the colour on. It did still have a bit of light brown left near the top, but it covered well and looked fine when she left. She says her hair has all gone dark now and the colour is out. I’ve not seen her yet but I think I’m going have to lighten it with bleach foils and then out the 8.34 on.

If you bleach it after having coloured it and she’s washing it daily, she needs to accept that any colour you apply isn’t going to last very long. I’d make a point of stressing this at the next consultation as some clients are totally unrealistic and act all surprised and annoyed when their colour fades within a fortnight.

Yeh she washes her hair everyday, sometimes twice. I have told her this before. And I got her a orange colour shampoo to use. She is never happy,

Yeh she washes her hair everyday, sometimes twice. I have told her this before. And I got her a orange colour shampoo to use. She is never happy,
Sounds like a typical difficult customer. Remember that you're the one telling her what she needs to do to achieve the colour she wants. If she doesn't want to do it then she'll have to pick a different outcome, simple! I think you need to just simply explain to her that unless she has her hair lightened to an even base and then coloured that she's not going to achieve what she wants. If she's still being difficult after that and refusing to take your expert advice then what can she expect.

Latest posts

Back