SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairdressinggeek2.0

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice on this new client I have.
She’s boxed coloured her hair for a while and is wanting to go lighter. She’s about a 3/0 and She has about 5% grey at the roots. I’ve suggested a nxt colour remover to strip the box colour.
I’m just wondering after that could I go straight in with colour touch plus 77/03 and 66/07 in alternate foils or would I have to bleach the hair first?
Any suggestions would be great thankyou

Hi, looking for some advice on this new client I have.
She’s boxed coloured her hair for a while and is wanting to go lighter. She’s about a 3/0 and She has about 5% grey at the roots. I’ve suggested a nxt colour remover to strip the box colour.
I’m just wondering after that could I go straight in with colour touch plus 77/03 and 66/07 in alternate foils or would I have to bleach the hair first?
Any suggestions would be great thankyou
The colour remover generally takes the black away, leaving yiu with a very warm, dark residue, sometimes colour removers need to used up to 3 times to achieve complete removal of the artificial colour. The result you can expect after the colour removers will resemble anything from a 5/4 up to a 7/3. The shades used will differ depending on what you can achieve with the colour remover first. What is your target shade?
Also be careful when reapplying colour, some colour remover brands only recommend using a permanent tint on the hair, some recommend 6%, some say 9%, most recommend to use a shade 2-3 shades lighter than the target shade. Each brands manufacturer's instructions will be different, it's important to read the instructions provided with the product thoroughly.

Latest posts

Back