Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suheyla

Reaction score
Hi
I have put a red box dye on my hair, my roots have turned out bright red and my ends a darker red, I have done this without bleach (unless the box dye had bleach it it without my knowledge) I really like the root colour and I was wondering if I bought the same colour and just added it to the ends would it fix my problem?
Again I am trying to prevent using bleach.
Thanks in advance

Hi
I have put a red box dye on my hair, my roots have turned out bright red and my ends a darker red, I have done this without bleach (unless the box dye had bleach it it without my knowledge) I really like the root colour and I was wondering if I bought the same colour and just added it to the ends would it fix my problem?
Again I am trying to prevent using bleach.
Thanks in advance
No it won't make you ends lighter, in fact it's quite likely to make them even darker. Tint doesn't lift tint. You really should visit a professional to help you achieve your goal.

No it won't make you ends lighter, in fact it's quite likely to make them even darker. Tint doesn't lift tint. You really should visit a professional to help you achieve your goal.

Thanks for your help, I may just put a darker red on the roots to at least even it out and then In a couple of weeks put a lighter red on top to make it slightly lighter.
The option to go a hairdresser isn’t really an option right now for me which is why I was asking for advice

Thanks for your help, I may just put a darker red on the roots to at least even it out and then In a couple of weeks put a lighter red on top to make it slightly lighter.
The option to go a hairdresser isn’t really an option right now for me which is why I was asking for advice
I can appreciate your situation but unfortunately offering advice to non professionals with OTC products is prohibited on the site.
Do you have a local college that maybe need models for their level 2 and 3 hairdressing students to practice or do assessments on? This would be a really good way of getting a professional colour without the intimidating experience of going to a new salon and obviously a lot less expensive. Just something to think about maybe :)
I wish I could be more helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back