Colour correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jomo1977

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a lot of dark colour build up on my hair. I’m quite Grey on roots and have beenputting 4/0 Koleston on it but I do have red underneath and I have bleached it before in mid lengths and ends.There’s too much build up and I want to go ashy but not as dark so I can have some highlights put through. What’s the best product to use? Rusk Elimin8 I have heard is good, I’m so worried it’s going to go patchy and totally orange.
Thanks

Well obviously it will go orange as that’s the underlying pigment colour. After removing as much colour as possible you’ll then need to re-colour it 2 shades lighter than your target colour.

Well obviously it will go orange as that’s the underlying pigment colour. After removing as much colour as possible you’ll then need to re-colour it 2 shades lighter than your target colour.

Yeah i know it will go orange, just wondered what ash colour I should Put on if I want to be ashy brown. I am Familiar with koleston. I’m guessing if I want to be around a 6-7 then put an 8 on? Thanks

Yes, an 8 should be fine but when I do it, I usually wait until I’ve completed the colour removal process before deciding what to apply afterwards because it really depends on what you’re left with, especially as you mention having a high percentage of white/grey hair.

Latest posts

Back