Colour disaster using Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
My client has a level 7/8 with a lot of old highlights & balyage about level 8 (warm) she has 1cm regrowth..I've been doing her roots with 6/71 but she wanted to go darker as it always fades very quickly I guess this is because of the undertone.i decided on 66/0 & 55/0 with special mix /81 ,just a couple of cm & 6% it's grabbed very dark as with the double pigment but now she wants to go back lighter as there is a clear band how do I go about this?? She wants a base 7 again like a 7/7 & balyage. I Was going to just do a half/full head bleach foils with 3% on the root then take 9% through length & ends... Her hair is extremely wavy & loads of it too.. It will take forever to wash off and put root colour back on..Any ideas of another way to approach this guys?? I struggle to get the colour I want as it just seems to throw it off.pls help

I'd try a bleach bath first.
You just need to be very quick about it, see what you get and go from there.

Maybe try strand testing first.

She could also get a clarifying shampoo in the meantime until her appointment x

It probably appears darker than it is because of the 0/81 which has been added.
I agree with @Rachul123 about doing a bleach bath first it will make things alot easier for you.

Thanks guys! Ended up doing highlights but 3% on roots & 9 on ends shifted it a bit but got a long way to go to get it clean.

Latest posts

Back