Colour gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi
Can someone please advise about colour glosses?
I’ve read up online but never trained to do them, but just wondered if anyone could explain what to use (I use Koleston and colour touch, or NXT colours) is it always a 1/3 post treatment and 1/3 low peroxide and 1/3 colour or are there different variations?
i’ve never done it on clients (I’m mobile) but is it best for either inbetween colours (to get rid of brassyness) or after a colour treatment to act like a mild toner, is this right or have I got it all completely wrong? I trained some 20 years ago and very confident doing colours & HL, not sure if this is covered in any refresher courses?

Hi
Can someone please advise about colour glosses?
I’ve read up online but never trained to do them, but just wondered if anyone could explain what to use (I use Koleston and colour touch, or NXT colours) is it always a 1/3 post treatment and 1/3 low peroxide and 1/3 colour or are there different variations?
i’ve never done it on clients (I’m mobile) but is it best for either inbetween colours (to get rid of brassyness) or after a colour treatment to act like a mild toner, is this right or have I got it all completely wrong? I trained some 20 years ago and very confident doing colours & HL, not sure if this is covered in any refresher courses?
For wella the glossing is done with equal amounts of Illumina colour + pastel developer + Post service colour treatment on towel dried hair after a lightening service or to refresh colours.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for colour correction as it is a very mild formula.

I believe you can do a similar service with colour touch but I'm sure you used to have to use one of the elements conditioners instead.
But I've never felt the need to do it with colour touch as it's gentle and add great shine anyway :)

For wella the glossing is done with equal amounts of Illumina colour + pastel developer + Post service colour treatment on towel dried hair after a lightening service or to refresh colours.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for colour correction as it is a very mild formula.

I believe you can do a similar service with colour touch but I'm sure you used to have to use one of the elements conditioners instead.
But I've never felt the need to do it with colour touch as it's gentle and add great shine anyway :)
Thank you, as always you are most helpful, I’ve never used the illumina range!!
so it’s more of an enhancer to colour service?

Thank you, as always you are most helpful, I’ve never used the illumina range!!
so it’s more of an enhancer to colour service?
It can be used to soften the brightness of whiye/ grey hairs.
I often used it to tone highlights etc.. And say you have someone with natural level 6- they don't really want to colour it, but they hate how flat it is.... Well you could do a gloss and maybe use a 6/7 so it'll add a lovely sheer hue to it leaving it super soft and with an amazing shine :)

I often used it to tone highlights etc.. And say you have someone with natural level 6- they don't really want to colour it, but they hate how flat it is.... Well you could do a gloss and maybe use a 6/7 so it'll add a lovely sheer hue to it leaving it super soft and with an amazing shine :)
But with out the Regrowth :)

If I may suggest ...forget the wording gloss...think of it like lipstick and lip gloss
Both have the same colours available but one is harder / stronger to take off...shall we say :)

So colour touch will lip gloss the hair ..refresh it and make it sh

hi ... regarding your query about glossing..colour fresh defo will refresh like you know already...pre or post colour application...getn rid of yellow tones in foils or bleaching etc..their are anti brass or anti yellow ( primers ) like before your putting on make up..a few mins of the Amit brass for instance then go in with your chosen toners ...
Personally I use matrix ..colour sync are nice and fluid as a toner ..but of late the shades EQ are getn all the headlines and joico ....
You still have it in there I'm sure ..NXT are to thick and cloggy to be a suitable toner ..( in my opinion ☺️

hi ... regarding your query about glossing..colour fresh defo will refresh like you know already...pre or post colour application...getn rid of yellow tones in foils or bleaching etc..their are anti brass or anti yellow ( primers ) like before your putting on make up..a few mins of the Amit brass for instance then go in with your chosen toners ...
Personally I use matrix ..colour sync are nice and fluid as a toner ..but of late the shades EQ are getn all the headlines and joico ....
You still have it in there I'm sure ..NXT are to thick and cloggy to be a suitable toner ..( in my opinion ☺
I used NXT for a while as my local wholesaler changed to them as their main brand, I don’t rate them hugely, so gone back to Wella! I’m hearing about EQ everywhere at the moment too!!
thanks for the lipstick analogy, that actually really simplifies it, thanks for all your help

Brilliant, thank you

Latest posts

Back