Colour help needed: horrible dull golden orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elusion

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I’ve been a lurker for quite some time. You regular geeks are so knowledgeable!
Anyways, I'm inheriting (hopefully!) a long time client of my colleague since he’s retiring. Natural base 7, full head bleach and last time she came in Illumina 10/ + 9/43 was used . It washed out super quick apparently and she went and bought CT /34 for some reason thinking it was a ‘sheer colour.’ She hated the bright orange and has now asked me to fix it.

I’ve told her to use Head and Shoulders once or twice a day for a week and today did a Malibu rinse twice. It’s a horrible dull gold/orange now. I can’t really describe it.. Maybe like a 9/3? Her hair is short and has been bleached quite a few times so bleach is not an option..

She’s open to either a creamy blonde, or light strawberry blonde. As long as it’s ‘bright and with no ash’.

I have no idea why I’m freaking out about this, I tone yellow/orange hair all the time! I guess I’m just worried it’ll go a dull beige if I use the usual 10/69. I'm thinking CT 10/81 maybe? Or relights /81?

Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot that she's getting married at the end of next month.. that's why I'm stressing probably.

Last edited:
Oh dear and the double whammy is she's getting married soon [emoji57] just remember tint doesn't lift tint. Can you do a colour match and from there go down a shade then put hilights in. Just a thought but good luck. This in my salon is a colour correction so do t forget to charge more it'll also deter her from making the same mistake again.....hopefully

I'd bleach bath it until it's yellow/pale yellow then tone it 10/0 + 9/4 or 9/73 for strawberry blonde. Creamy blonde whack on a 10/1 over yellow, if it lifts lighter than yellow with the bleach bath try 10/0 + 9/3 or similar x

I would do a cleanse on the hair, using bleach powder, warm water and cleansing shampoo, this removes tone only, this will fade the colour right out and I would then probably re colour with 10/0 use colour touch 1.9% if it just needs cleaning up a little, but if it still needs a boost use 10/0 koleston +6%. That's what I'd be inclined to do. This is colour correction. But don't overcharge and run the risk of loosing her, my instinct would be to charge what you'd usually charge for full head colour and a bleach bath on her amount of hair.

Latest posts

Back