Colour help!! On my own ginger hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Natalie2908x

Reaction score
Hiya so basically, I'm naturally ginger but been every colour you could think off, for the past 6 years I've been ginger after being blonde for a long time my only problem is whenever I give my hair a colour freshen up it just fades after like a few days.. it's ridiculous. So my question is do I need to bleach my hair for the colour to stick better again? And for a bit longer? I loveeeee bright! At the moment I've been using igora royal 8-77 with some 0-77, open to any colour ideas, or just any advice in general. Thanks xxxx

ronray

Reaction score
Hiya so basically, I'm naturally ginger but been every colour you could think off, for the past 6 years I've been ginger after being blonde for a long time my only problem is whenever I give my hair a colour freshen up it just fades after like a few days.. it's ridiculous. So my question is do I need to bleach my hair for the colour to stick better again? And for a bit longer? I loveeeee bright! At the moment I've been using igora royal 8-77 with some 0-77, open to any colour ideas, or just any advice in general. Thanks xxxx
What's the natural level or your hair, and what developer are you using with the 8-77?

Natalie2908x

Reaction score
Hiya, thanks for the reply so I'm using 6% and il add a picture of how light my hair is at the moment, but honestly I dye it then it's beautiful then a few days later it's honestly faded so much, even without washing it much and using colour shampoo etc, such a pain.
Thanks x

Natalie2908x

Reaction score
What's the natural level or your hair, and what developer are you using with the 8-77?

Hiya, thanks for the reply so I'm using 6% and il add a picture of how light my hair is at the moment, but honestly I dye it then it's beautiful then a few days later it's honestly faded so much, even without washing it much and using colour shampoo etc, such a pain.
Thanks x

Attachments

Natalie2908x

Reaction score
Could I just used 9% instead of 6%?

ronray

Reaction score
You need to change your developer. The 6% is creating lift every time you apply it, it’s leaving your hair porous and this is whats causing the colour to fade so quickly. try 1.9% or a tone on tone developer.
or to refresh the colour in between root touch ups you can use a direct dye.

Latest posts