Colour help!! On my own ginger hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie2908x

Reaction score
Hiya so basically, I'm naturally ginger but been every colour you could think off, for the past 6 years I've been ginger after being blonde for a long time my only problem is whenever I give my hair a colour freshen up it just fades after like a few days.. it's ridiculous. So my question is do I need to bleach my hair for the colour to stick better again? And for a bit longer? I loveeeee bright! At the moment I've been using igora royal 8-77 with some 0-77, open to any colour ideas, or just any advice in general. Thanks xxxx

Hiya so basically, I'm naturally ginger but been every colour you could think off, for the past 6 years I've been ginger after being blonde for a long time my only problem is whenever I give my hair a colour freshen up it just fades after like a few days.. it's ridiculous. So my question is do I need to bleach my hair for the colour to stick better again? And for a bit longer? I loveeeee bright! At the moment I've been using igora royal 8-77 with some 0-77, open to any colour ideas, or just any advice in general. Thanks xxxx
What's the natural level or your hair, and what developer are you using with the 8-77?

Hiya, thanks for the reply so I'm using 6% and il add a picture of how light my hair is at the moment, but honestly I dye it then it's beautiful then a few days later it's honestly faded so much, even without washing it much and using colour shampoo etc, such a pain.
Thanks x

What's the natural level or your hair, and what developer are you using with the 8-77?

Hiya, thanks for the reply so I'm using 6% and il add a picture of how light my hair is at the moment, but honestly I dye it then it's beautiful then a few days later it's honestly faded so much, even without washing it much and using colour shampoo etc, such a pain.
Thanks x

Attachments

• 7FBA80B3-F4D1-41D2-9154-9CBD3BB43E06.jpeg
    7FBA80B3-F4D1-41D2-9154-9CBD3BB43E06.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Could I just used 9% instead of 6%?

You need to change your developer. The 6% is creating lift every time you apply it, it’s leaving your hair porous and this is whats causing the colour to fade so quickly. try 1.9% or a tone on tone developer.
or to refresh the colour in between root touch ups you can use a direct dye.

Latest posts

Back