Colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtina22

Reaction score
Hi I have a lady who is a natural red head regrowth and base 5/6 colour on the rest.
She wants the colour in the pic .
I was thinking 4-12 for the roots and then bleach up the ends but I'm struggling on the colour for the ends after bleaching.
I was thinking tone with schwarzkopf 0-11 dab 0-22 and then rinse out. But then what do I need to tone with after.
Obviously it depends on what it lifts too but I'm just a bit stuck on what the bottom colour is as its silvery grey but has a few lilac tones through it
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461181261.356617.jpg

I don't use Schwarzkopf colour, so I have no clue what 0-11 and 0-22 are, but when I want to create the grey look I go in and lift to a level 9/10 because the warmth will always show through if you don't, then tone it all to a completely neutral base. Rinse then go in and tone with a level 10V, sometimes I add a few drops of a 1B. I always ask if they want a more violet grey or blue grey, and then go from there what you use to tone it out.( I find V's make more of the smokey grey, where the B's are more of a white grey) -- itll look scary on the hair when its processing because of the pigments being used, but just trust the process, and let it process fully. if you get nervous you could always rinse a small piece from the back instead of rinsing it all down and having to go back in.
Look back at the basics, what colour tones what...
hope that helps you any...

0-11 is anti yellow and 0-22 is anti orange in schwarzkopf so I would lift to a 9/10 then put those on to get to neutral and then my choice of grey . I think she wants a smoky grey not too dark .
What colour line do you use ?

0-11 & 0-22 are fine for this it needs to have no yellow tho to actually go grey Tho

Thankyou. yes that's fine I've used it before and it worked well. She may not get grey the first time im thinking .

Consultation is key!! Under promise and over deliver! :) I'm sure you'll do great!!
and remember, grey is the toner, so they need to keep in mind they will need to use something at home to maintain that tone, so retail them something to keep your work looking fabulous-- as it is a lot of work to get that grey!

Yes definitely and she's also a hairdresser so she knows the process .

oh good!! well good luck! post a picture if you can, I'm curious to hear how it goes for you

Thankyou yes I will take lots of photos and fingers crossed she likes it !

Latest posts

Back