Colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna*s432

Reaction score
I have a client with a base 5-6 looking for a permanent Blue which doesn't need prelightened. I normally use loreal 2.10 and p01 but she would like a bit more blue as it is pulling more black. Any ideas please, tia x

What’s the underlying pigment colours in a level 4 and a level 2?
If she wants is a bright blue, you‘re going have to bleach it first.

She was quite happy when we were using the mix of 2.10 and p01. But it's now loosing the blue and pulling more muddy, do u think if I gave it a bleach bath that would help x

I have a client with a base 5-6 looking for a permanent Blue which doesn't need prelightened. I normally use loreal 2.10 and p01 but she would like a bit more blue as it is pulling more black. Any ideas please, tia x
Why permanent? Are you covering white hair?
I'd be looking at using a demi /quasi for this.
A permanent tint is creating lift and exposing underlying warmth which is absorbing the blue tones and that's why you're left with a muddy black

She has a some white round the front hairline. She isn't a client who comes in every 6 weeks to get a refresh but expects the colour to last for more time than possible i.e 3-4 months. So what would you recommend I do? if I cleanse the colour out and apply a demi permenant. Could you recommend a blue demi as we use loreal and there's no blue demis in diacolor as far as I'm aware, ty

A permanent tint is creating lift and exposing underlying warmth which is absorbing the blue tones and that's why you're left with a muddy black

She has a some white round the front hairline. She isn't a client who comes in every 6 weeks to get a refresh but expects the colour to last for more time than possible i.e 3-4 months. So what would you recommend I do? if I cleanse the colour out and apply a demi permenant. Could you recommend a blue demi as we use loreal and there's no blue demis in diacolor as far as I'm aware, ty

I would say she wants it slightly lighter than a midnight blue

Take a look at wella colour touch 2.8 you can also consider putting a semi permanent dark blue over the top

Take a look at wella colour touch 2.8 you can also consider putting a semi permanent dark blue over the top
Thanks for your reply, I feel she wants to be lighter than a 2, I can't attach a picture to show u. But I think more blue than black if that makes sense. I'm at a loss as loreal don't seem to have anything near the colour I'm after. She liked the colour of the majirel blue mix on it own and i would certainly have to cleanse and prelighten to apply that. Unfortunately she doesn't visit the salon enough to keep the colour especially a fashion shade looking fresh x

Latest posts

Back