Colour help Wella 10.3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmi2506

Reaction score
hi all i recently did my mums hair and she is a natural level 9 but 80% light grey i did 2%bleach highlights along with 12.81 highlights and then i used a 10.3 weaved and root colour as her roots we quite light didnt want the ash colour to grab to the whiter hairs so i used gold it is lovely but a little to gold for mine and her liking how do i tone it now as obviously tint doesnt lift tint so will i have to bleach then tone just to take a little warmth out

hi all i recently did my mums hair and she is a natural level 9 but 80% light grey i did 2%bleach highlights along with 12.81 highlights and then i used a 10.3 weaved and root colour as her roots we quite light didnt want the ash colour to grab to the whiter hairs so i used gold it is lovely but a little to gold for mine and her liking how do i tone it now as obviously tint doesnt lift tint so will i have to bleach then tone just to take a little warmth out
Use 10/96 and pastel, should probably only need 10 minutes.
Or if its really warm 10/16 is lovely over gold.
And then next time you do her roots just use 10/0. Hope this helps.

Always remember violet neutralizes yellow. So you want to use a toner with a violet base. You could also try using a good violet shampoo that is nicely pigmented like the Joico Violet shampoo or the Matrix Brass Off Violet shampoo. it works great. Just apply it to damp freshly shampooed hair and leave on for 2 to 5 minutes.

thank you for replys ive had to log into this account as my other one kimmi2506 isnt working trying to get that sorted anyway. i didnt think you can put tint on tint so why would you use 10/96 i understanding counteracting ect i just didnt think you could put tint on tint or is tone/pastel not classed as tint. as for purple shampoo she uses fudge she wound it to be the best one

thank you for replys ive had to log into this account as my other one kimmi2506 isnt working trying to get that sorted anyway. i didnt think you can put tint on tint so why would you use 10/96 i understanding counteracting ect i just didnt think you could put tint on tint or is tone/pastel not classed as tint. as for purple shampoo she uses fudge she wound it to be the best one
If you mix koleston perfect with pastel it's a toner. You're not trying to lift the hair are you? I thought you just wanted to neutralise the extra gold?
If you want to lift it, you can still use kp 10/0 as this is the only colour in the line that will lift through already tinted hair, or just do a soft cleanse with bleach.

no lift needed it was purely a question only tone it isnt even offensive its just so i know for next time heres a before and after any critisms taken as i am level 2 training

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181216-163041_Salt.jpg
    Screenshot_20181216-163041_Salt.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20181216-163108_Salt.jpg
    Screenshot_20181216-163108_Salt.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 35
Sorry, I think you've mis read the tone of my reply, I was only questioning you just incase I had misunderstood your initial question lol.
I'm not a nasty person haha
If anywhere is a good place to ask for help and learn new things it's here!
Another option you could use is to tone it with colour fresh 0/6 which is a true semi permanent, so you don't have to add any more peroxide to the hair. Let us know how you get on. Good luck

oh no i didnt think you were nasty i was just explaining myself lol nevermind thanks for the help i do wish to be a colour expert and i want to learn everything there is to do with colour special mixes intrigue me and i cannot wait to experiment

Latest posts

Back