Colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
I have been asked to achieve the colour on the picture below. My client is a natural base 5 but has had a colour touch 6/73 and 1.9% for the past year and now wants this. Not sure the best way to approach this as its not really dip dye.

Any advice?

Thanks!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336057776.639076.jpg

i cant comment on the colours as i use diff products but as for technique i would do slices that have been back combed to give you a softer line. slice miss thin section and so on, quite randomly placed tho.

hope this makes sense x

i cant comment on the colours as i use diff products but as for technique i would do slices that have been back combed to give you a softer line. slice miss thin section and so on, quite randomly placed tho.

hope this makes sense x

Thanks for this, I will have a go at the technique.

Anyone else got any ideas on colour considering the hair is previously coloured and putting a lighter tint on will not lift the colour.

Thanks

Hi

I would back comb the ends using bleach with 3 or 6% depending on build up. Then put a quasi 4/0 on the roots and hair that's left out of the foil. Then rinse and tone ends if needed xx

I think I'd do bleach highlights underneath missing out the section around the parting then put a 5/ quasi throughout the rest x

I think I'd do bleach highlights underneath missing out the section around the parting then put a 5/ quasi throughout the rest x

i'd do the same :) not as bigger section as in that picture though as that looks hideous...

That's sounds perfect actually, thank you for your help. Sounds so obvious once you say it!

Doing this colour tomorrow. I am taking the advice above re technique. I am going to use bleach but want to have a toner incase the bleach doesn't lift up evenly. I'm thinking a base 8 toner. Assuming the bleach leaves a yellow tone anyone got any wella toners that work well?

Thanks

Sam

Anyone? I'm thinking maybe 8.31 or 8.12 depending on the amount of yellow left? Thanks

Or maybe 7/73 and 9 so not too gold?

Latest posts

Back