Colour help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sair

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a little out of practice with my colouring so I'm hoping you can help. I'm currently a level 4 with red tone and I have colour buildup. I'm now wanting to do the socolour 5vr all over. Should I strip out first and how, or will 20vol do the trick. I'm new to matrix so lacking in confidence not knowing it's capabilities.

That should do it as it's only one level your going x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should do it as it's only one level your going x

No it won't.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey everyone. I'm a little out of practice with my colouring so I'm hoping you can help. I'm currently a level 4 with red tone and I have colour buildup. I'm now wanting to do the socolour 5vr all over. Should I strip out first and how, or will 20vol do the trick. I'm new to matrix so lacking in confidence not knowing it's capabilities.

I think maybe you should have this done by a pro.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Considering I'm a pro, just without matrix know how....

Maybe give your hair a gentle cleanse with light master and warm water to shatter some of the colour build up. Then you should be good to go depending on how much it removes!

Colour does NOT lift colour. I would bleach bath with 20vol a deep cleansing shampoo and keep an eye on it if estimate around 15mins then rinse use a good cleansing shampoo, no conditioner dry off and apply your 5 base.

Thanks ladies. I will give it a try :/ thankfully I chopped my hair and the several years of colouring with it. I now maybe have 4 layers or so to deal with. I saw a method that used only 10vol peroxide to remove colour but couldn't work the logistics of it. If only more hair diplomas focused on teaching colour correction than perms and roller sets. Well at least 15 years ago when I did mine, hopefully things have changed.

I never used to bleach bath but I find mixing the shampoo peroxide and bleach together and applying at the basin works really well and you can see a change pretty quickly :) as you only want to lift a shade it shouldn't take to long so won't damage a hair x

I never used to bleach bath but I find mixing the shampoo peroxide and bleach together and applying at the basin works really well and you can see a change pretty quickly :) as you only want to lift a shade it shouldn't take to long so won't damage a hair x

You need warm water in with those 3 ingredients to get the best results x

Thanks for all.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393038509.357032.jpg

Here's after my 20vol bleach bath. Ready for 5RV. Thanks ladies!

Yeah sorry don't know what I was thinking x

But just to add with some u can get one level of lift x

Latest posts

Back