Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmax147

Gemmax91
Reaction score
Hi everyone. A client of mine wanted to go from a 4 (coloured hair) to a few shades lighter so i bleach bathed her hair to lift it slightly and then applied a light ash brown but she has sed the colour is still fading to an orangey colour. Any help would be great full or any info u think i should have done thanks

What colour line do you work with?

What base did she lift to?

What do you think you could put on to counteract the copper tones?

Was it a blue ash or green ash?

What colour line do you work with?

What base did she lift to?

What do you think you could put on to counteract the copper tones?

Was it a blue ash or green ash?
Hi i use igora royal.
And applied a blue ash 01. She lifted 2 shades lighter. Should have used a green i must say. What icc is green I'm unsure as i was taught
1 ash
2 violet
3 gold
4 copper
5 red
6 intense red

I use L'Oreal. I don't know/doubt the tones are the same.

But in L'Oreal green is 7.

As blue is opposite Orange on the colour wheel that should be ok. It IS going to fade quicker because bleaching it is going to make it more porous.

Did you use a the royal on the ends?

Never used igora is that a permanent? If so you should have used a semi/quasi as this would have stuck better. Also did it lift to a red-copper as this might still have been too strong for you putting a light brown over it xx

Why didn't you stick to a brand you're used to?

I use L'Oreal. I don't know/doubt the tones are the same.

But in L'Oreal green is 7.

As blue is opposite Orange on the colour wheel that should be ok. It IS going to fade quicker because bleaching it is going to make it more porous.

Did you use a the royal on the ends?
Yes i applied the colour all over. Would there have been a better solution to wat i done?

How long has it been since you lightened it? And what level is it now after being bleached and colored? Lightened hair will fade quicker as it's more porous. A lady whose hair I do always eventually fades with copper tones no matter what color goes on it as it's her underlying tone. X

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

How long has it been since you lightened it? And what level is it now after being bleached and colored? Lightened hair will fade quicker as it's more porous. A lady whose hair I do always eventually fades with copper tones no matter what color goes on it as it's her underlying tone. X

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app
Hi her hair lifted a couple of shades but to an orangey colour so i applied a blue ash brown but it has now faded and the orange is coming back through

igora :
0 natural
1 cendre (blue-violet)
2 ash (blue)
3-matte (green)
4 beige
5 gold
6 chocolate "auburn"
7 copper
8 red
9 violet

Also like to add most stylist don't use matte -3 its pretty potent!!! Dont need much if u use it. So keep that in mind if ever you want to use igora again, its a beautiful line and very very versatile if you learn the tricks with it!
Theres a szchowarkopf trick that i learnt from a class... You can add a small dot (pinch) of blue booster/extra to your formula that will ensure when the color fades the orange wont be so bad!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back