Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuwaah

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've had a friend message me who wants to go darker after bleaching her hair blonde to match some extensions... she doesnt want it to be a redish brown or a chocolate brown, though i have explained there is some warmth in the pictures hair. So I'm thinking of using KP 6/73 on roots and mids then an 8/73 on the ends to give a sort of ombre? Which is what she wants. Have attached some pictures of her hair currently and what she wants to achieve. I'm just worried with wella I may need to pre pig, I wouldn't usually with our salon colour as we use aveda which is so warm anyway.

Attachments

• received_463822890473159.jpeg
    received_463822890473159.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 106
  • received_463822903806491.jpeg
    received_463822903806491.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 100
I use Goldwell so can't advise on KP. But I would pre pig roots and mid lengths first to replace missing undercoat. Ends in picture look quite light so would probably just tone what she she has on ends already as will be porous and color will not hold well. If you replace under coat should be able to go in with a natural so less warmth. But remember if very porous use a slightly darker shade as will fade quickly.

The hair in the picture is quite cool. She already has a lot of gold in that hair so I dot think there would be much need to pre pig if your only going down to a 6. 6/73 will be warm though x

The hair in the picture is quite cool. She already has a lot of gold in that hair so I dot think there would be much need to pre pig if your only going down to a 6. 6/73 will be warm though x
what would you use instead of a /73? /71?

I wouldn't use Koleston Perfect. I would use Colour Touch plus 66/03 + 66/07 at the roots dragged out to 88/03 + 88/07 on the ends.

I'd use 6/7 and 7/1 ct on root area as had gold in it already and 8/71 on ends

Or 8/03 and pastel on ends looking again looks pretty light on ends but gold at roots x

Hey guys, so I've had a friend message me who wants to go darker after bleaching her hair blonde to match some extensions... she doesnt want it to be a redish brown or a chocolate brown, though i have explained there is some warmth in the pictures hair. So I'm thinking of using KP 6/73 on roots and mids then an 8/73 on the ends to give a sort of ombre? Which is what she wants. Have attached some pictures of her hair currently and what she wants to achieve. I'm just worried with wella I may need to pre pig, I wouldn't usually with our salon colour as we use aveda which is so warm anyway.
Personally I think 6/73 will still be quite rich and maybe chocolate as there's already a lot if gold in her hair, I would use colour touch 6/71 on roots and maybe 8/71 on mid lengths and ends :) not too flat, not too warm, should be quite hazelnuty :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458626291.080029.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458626303.652435.jpg

Here are the pics of the diffuser, Josh.

Personally I think 6/73 will still be quite rich and maybe chocolate as there's already a lot if gold in her hair, I would use colour touch 6/71 on roots and maybe 8/71 on mid lengths and ends :) not too flat, not too warm, should be quite hazelnuty :)
i went for the 6/71 all over and it was perfect! such a nice colour! no green what so ever

Latest posts

Back