Colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed wella colours seem to be alot warmer all of a sudden? A few of my clients have said they felt there colour was warmer and when I went to a supplier they said they have had a good few wella colourists say the same recently even when I do my wella order directly from my wella rep they are the same. Has anyone else noticed this?
Also can anyone else recommend a good colour house that is on-par with wella? There colour prices are getting higher and higher so frequently now.

I use a combination as love many of the wella shades especially the reds /65 /66 ext.
My base shade brand for the past 6 years has been the NXT range from Capital.
I have always found the base shades, the intense and the warms /003 beiges /13 shades are gorgeous, shiny and great coverage.
100ml tubes as a bonus and I stock up.on VAT free days.

Hi jake, I've been looking at Goldwell and Milkshake. Will let you know how they are [emoji16]

What shades in Wella? Koleston or another range? I don’t think they would just change the formulas?

What shades in Wella? Koleston or another range? I don’t think they would just change the formulas?
They're now owned by a different company, it wouldn't surprise me if they've made a few alterations. I actually thought this today, I did the usual half head of highlights with 12/89 (my favourite) and the clients regular colour. I felt it was warmer than usual, but just thought I was imagining it?

I found it with my bases even the darker double bases i.e 44/0 and 55/0 were warmer than usual I always measure colour when mixing and leave them to oxidise properly for 45 mins on the root area..

They're now owned by a different company, it wouldn't surprise me if they've made a few alterations. I actually thought this today, I did the usual half head of highlights with 12/89 (my favourite) and the clients regular colour. I felt it was warmer than usual, but just thought I was imagining it?

Yes they have been bought by Coty but that didn’t mean they would reformulate colours.

Colour is made in huge batches if there was a problem it would be a mass issue.

Yes they have been bought by Coty but that didn’t mean they would reformulate colours.

Hmm must just be me and

I know it doesn't, it was just a thought, they may have, they may not have. Its funny that both I and Jake noticed it and we live in totally different areas?
I also noticed when I ordered KP 6/0 last time , when it arrived the writing was slightly different and it just said 6/, not 6/0??

Where are your ordering from? Make sure your stock is European stock

Where are your ordering from? Make sure your stock is European stock
This is true, when I worked on ships the colours were from Mexico, and it wasn't the same as at home.

This is true, when I worked on ships the colours were from Mexico, and it wasn't the same as at home.

If you look at the end of the tube you can see if it’s imported stock or not, I recently did a bulk order from somewhere and it was all imported stock - hence the cheap price

It's strange how they have the same numbering system internationally but the quality of the products is different

If you look at the end of the tube you can see if it’s imported stock or not, I recently did a bulk order from somewhere and it was all imported stock - hence the cheap price
That makes sense, I usually order from wella directly, or salon connections if I need something desperately. But I did order a few times from a supplier that was recommended to me (a small company) and I suspect this is where those tubes come from! Thank you

I agree ! I’ve always used 7.1 on my hair for years and past few times it’s been ALOT warmer than before . I always get it from the wholesaler though

I agree ! I’ve always used 7.1 on my hair for years and past few times it’s been ALOT warmer than before . I always get it from the wholesaler though

Check that it’s european stock and not imported- do you mean 7/1?

Yesss! I HAVE noticed this a lot recently. Thank you for posting!
And I am in the states ordering from the supplier.
I had no idea they were bought out either. Man oh man does this change things.

Yesss! I HAVE noticed this a lot recently. Thank you for posting!
And I am in the states ordering from the supplier.
I had no idea they were bought out either. Man oh man does this change things.

Only stock directly from Wella would not be imported - have a look at the end of the box you don’t know where it came from

Latest posts

Back