Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotf9

Reaction score
When I reopen one of my clients that comes in every week wants her hair colouring as usual. She said to me over the phone that she wants to go lighter as she has so much grey root now all over. In the photo below is the same type of root regrowth, Pat, has. She has a lot of red undertones in her hair. She has very tight natural curly and coarse hair that she has blowdried and straightened every week. She had chemo five years ago and in remission and is on medication for rest of life and don't know if this is affecting it. However, I have tried in vain to bring her up lighter but her hair just doesn't seem to go lighter. She used to have clynol 5,8 (photo 2) on until 2015. Then she went on to Goldwell 7N and 7BN until 2019. But it still looked like light brown '5N' after her hair was dry. I have then tried using '8N' that made it look like a base 6. I then tried adding '8A' in as well it made it slightly lighter but not a lot. She has now said to me it is too dark and she feels at 75, she needs to get lighter. Her target shade she wants is light chocolate colour which is in photo 3 below that this client has who has seem grey regrowth with red undertones.

Any thoughts how to get it to this.

gray-dark-roots-on-hair-260nw-204140062.jpg
pat flaherty 5,8 clynol.jpg
Sue Allen2.jpg

When I reopen one of my clients that comes in every week wants her hair colouring as usual. She said to me over the phone that she wants to go lighter as she has so much grey root now all over. In the photo below is the same type of root regrowth, Pat, has. She has a lot of red undertones in her hair. She has very tight natural curly and coarse hair that she has blowdried and straightened every week. She had chemo five years ago and in remission and is on medication for rest of life and don't know if this is affecting it. However, I have tried in vain to bring her up lighter but her hair just doesn't seem to go lighter. She used to have clynol 5,8 (photo 2) on until 2015. Then she went on to Goldwell 7N and 7BN until 2019. But it still looked like light brown '5N' after her hair was dry. I have then tried using '8N' that made it look like a base 6. I then tried adding '8A' in as well it made it slightly lighter but not a lot. She has now said to me it is too dark and she feels at 75, she needs to get lighter. Her target shade she wants is light chocolate colour which is in photo 3 below that this client has who has seem grey regrowth with red undertones.

Any thoughts how to get it to this.

View attachment 210341 View attachment 210342 View attachment 210343
Try a base 9ash with a higher developer and maybe add some fine highlights. The pictures she's asking for is highlighted.

Latest posts

Back